Multiple accounts

mechatech

I would hope there was more to it, but a ban on an IP range from a specific ISP is going to have "collateral damage". The more members, the more chance of it, and this site has a lot of members. I'm sure they have it figured out here on how to avoid or minimize that, but yikes, that is a heavy stroke.

For some reason, we have had very few complaints come in when we do ban a range of IP addresses. :tongue: This is a rare occurrence and reserved for especially persistent trolls and spammers.

For some reason, we have had very few complaints come in when we do ban a range of IP addresses. :tongue:

I wonder why? :whistling:

There's still means to bypass a ban, but I won't go into details. You don't even have to be a computer freak, you just need imagination. Smart people, well they are smart, but it's the free spirits(less smart :geek: ),trolls(their spirits are wild, that's why most don't get along with civilized people), we have to fear. I have not seen a single person that was once banned for good, walk free around here again.

Edited by Pushkatu

"Hey uh... my friend Eirie5 was banned and I just wanted to say that it was totally unfair and you should let him back in.

...Did I mention he's my friend?" :wallbash:

The ones that start a scene are very easy to spot... sometimes the name is painfully close to the original. Sometimes they make excuses so old they're practically dust.

And in the event that they made a unique account, kept their head down and just stopped causing problems... well, I guess they learned, right? ;)

(For those learning acronyms: IP address, Internet Protocol, is the unique numberic value used to identify your computer on the internet. ISP is Internet Service Provider: the guys you pay so you can enjoy said internet.)