A mod broke my oblivion

kiresagara

2 members have voted

1. 1. Can we fix it?

• Yes we can!
    • Nope it's F**ked.

I use way too many mods, and they all worked more or less perfectly fine until I downloaded "Running Revised with sprinting, fatigue, configurable" by Deathless Aphrodite. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7484

These are (were) my current active mods (the ones that worked before) with my revisions to their load order in an attempt to fix it:

omods (not in order) -

--- DMC Stylish animations

--- HGEC body

--- HGEC sexy armor replacer

--- mayus animation overhaul

--- natural faces

--- PiiiP enhanced grabbing

--- see you sleep

normal mods (in order) -

*these are mods that I disabled and tried to run the game, it didn't work

**these are mods that I CAN NOT deactivate or risk losing items, quest progress, or other things that would break my game.

Unofficial Oblivion Patch*

DLC shivering isles**

unofficial shivering isles patch*

alternative start by robert*

stylish jump*

tamriel continent heightmaps*

TWMP valenwood/elsweyr*

TWMP morrowind*

TWMP summerset*

TWMP hammerfell*

TWMP highrock*

TWMP skyrim*

TWMP blackmarsh*

elsweyr anequina*

animal resize and attitude adjustment*

natural habitat by max*

natural weather*

natural water*

natural vegetation*

Ren's beauty pack**

ahtata arquamer argonian replacer*

ahtata khabaxi khajiit replacer*

ahtata orc replacer*

Vilja the best companion ever**

eagle eye realistic archery*

chase cam mod*

personality idles 4*

queens armory**

vaernlor manor**

crowded cities*

growlfs animated hair**

kats better rosethorn**

Kvatch Rebuilt**

mayus animation overhaul*

dmc stylish*

hgec sexy armor replacer*

enhanced grabbing*

see you sleep*

This entire list of mods actually worked together with little to no trouble until I downloaded that running mod of all things. None of those mods I listed have anything to do with running or fatigue, how could there be a conflict? Well, I don't care about that mod anymore so I uninstalled it. It still crashes on an attempt to load into any of my savegames in the shivering isles, but not a far far back savegame outside. There are real weeks of playtime worked into those savegames, restarting from that far far back of a point would really suck.

Does anybody have any clue whatsoever? I sure don't.

Is there a crash-helper type of program that can catch an oblivion crash and tell me what's wrong?

Maybe I need to do some editing to my savegame, maybe it's trying to load something that isn't there?

I use way too many mods, and they all worked more or less perfectly fine until I downloaded "Running Revised with sprinting, fatigue, configurable" by Deathless Aphrodite. http://www.tesnexus....ile.php?id=7484

These are (were) my current active mods (the ones that worked before) with my revisions to their load order in an attempt to fix it:

omods (not in order) -

--- DMC Stylish animations

--- HGEC body

--- HGEC sexy armor replacer

--- mayus animation overhaul

--- natural faces

--- PiiiP enhanced grabbing

--- see you sleep

normal mods (in order) -

*these are mods that I disabled and tried to run the game, it didn't work

**these are mods that I CAN NOT deactivate or risk losing items, quest progress, or other things that would break my game.

Unofficial Oblivion Patch*

DLC shivering isles**

unofficial shivering isles patch*

alternative start by robert*

stylish jump*

tamriel continent heightmaps*

TWMP valenwood/elsweyr*

TWMP morrowind*

TWMP summerset*

TWMP hammerfell*

TWMP highrock*

TWMP skyrim*

TWMP blackmarsh*

elsweyr anequina*

animal resize and attitude adjustment*

natural habitat by max*

natural weather*

natural water*

natural vegetation*

Ren's beauty pack**

ahtata arquamer argonian replacer*

ahtata khabaxi khajiit replacer*

ahtata orc replacer*

Vilja the best companion ever**

eagle eye realistic archery*

chase cam mod*

personality idles 4*

queens armory**

vaernlor manor**

crowded cities*

growlfs animated hair**

kats better rosethorn**

Kvatch Rebuilt**

mayus animation overhaul*

dmc stylish*

hgec sexy armor replacer*

enhanced grabbing*

see you sleep*

This entire list of mods actually worked together with little to no trouble until I downloaded that running mod of all things. None of those mods I listed have anything to do with running or fatigue, how could there be a conflict? Well, I don't care about that mod anymore so I uninstalled it. It still crashes on an attempt to load into any of my savegames in the shivering isles, but not a far far back savegame outside. There are real weeks of playtime worked into those savegames, restarting from that far far back of a point would really suck.

Does anybody have any clue whatsoever? I sure don't.

Is there a crash-helper type of program that can catch an oblivion crash and tell me what's wrong?

Maybe I need to do some editing to my savegame, maybe it's trying to load something that isn't there?

Did you install obse or are you already running with it? The running mod did require it after all.

When you were writing your "warning" message in the upload file comments for the mod, did you happen to notice the message from DeathlessAphrodite saying that you could look at/unload the contents of the .exe installer with a free program called uniextract?

Too many mods? Hardly. That's a small LO and should be easy to troubleshoot.

As Shadowfen mentioned, are you sure you have installed the prerequisites for this mod to function correctly? Namely OBSE?

Are you using BOSS to sort your Load Order to help prevent conflicts? It would appear not.

Have you tried deleting, or renaming, your Oblivion.ini file to allow Oblivion to generate a new one? Oblivion.ini is located in Documents\My Games\Oblivion\.

Have you tried reverting to a vanilla setup? You can use Bben's Revert to Vanilla Guide for this. There are steps included to preserve your exiting mod setup so nothing is lost. However this is not always a good idea if the problem is contained in those folders, but it's worth a shot.

Before you're so quick to post "warnings" for mods you need to ensure that was the actual cause of your problem. Most of the time these issues are user errors not the fault of the mod. If you completely and entirely remove the mod and the problem persists, then it likely wasn't the mod at fault.