Perfect precision for the GECK

mynameistooshort

Well I noticed that grids aren't very good, I can't make my interiors very well because they won't go together perfectly, they just have edges stick out at the wall and small but easy noticible leaks, is there any way to get a more precise and smooth grid?

Cheers, Tiber

Well I noticed that grids aren't very good, I can't make my interiors very well because they won't go together perfectly, they just have edges stick out at the wall and small but easy noticible leaks, is there any way to get a more precise and smooth grid?

Cheers, Tiber

I am assuming you are using the snap-to-grid function, so go to file/preferences and in the box, movement tab, you can adjust the snap to grid value...the values are divisible by 2 so from 64 go to 32 or 16 which are more precise. After you set your first piece, get your next piece ready and then in the same preference box, click on the select snap reference button...take the red circle target and move it over the first piece you placed and it should turn white...double click on it. This will set your first piece as a base and all the other pieces should snap together more precisely.

If you already have a bunch of pieces set, pick one piece to be your base and do the snap to reference thing, then try re-aligning the remaining pieces again.

Edited by MDC519

• 2 months later...

Cheers, Tiber

I am assuming you are using the snap-to-grid function, so go to file/preferences and in the box, movement tab, you can adjust the snap to grid value...the values are divisible by 2 so from 64 go to 32 or 16 which are more precise. After you set your first piece, get your next piece ready and then in the same preference box, click on the select snap reference button...take the red circle target and move it over the first piece you placed and it should turn white...double click on it. This will set your first piece as a base and all the other pieces should snap together more precisely.

If you already have a bunch of pieces set, pick one piece to be your base and do the snap to reference thing, then try re-aligning the remaining pieces again.

This was very informative. I was missing the aspect of actual #'s to use, wasn't sure if each set of interiors had different measurements to use and the like. Very useful response, thanks!

ebb2012 (brand new, just doing a restaurant mod for buck's steak how in its original location, fun stuff)

... there I've posted :)