Junk Food to Cheezy Poofs

Cyberweasel89

Hi. Could someone make a mod that turns the "Junk Food" item into "Cheezy Poofs"?

Cheezy Poofs are a food item from Fallout 2. You could originally give them to a talking Mole Rat named Brain with no reward for doing so. They're a possible reference to Eric Cartman's favorite snack from South Park.

It should be a fairly simple mod if you have the time, skills, and will. "Junk Food" is essentially just Potato Crisps. The box even has the Potato Crisps texture in-world. So it should just be a simple matter of giving the Junk Food its own original texture labeling it as Cheezy Poofs, changing the item's name, and editing the Pipboy icon.

The beauty is that since Junk Food is already found in the game, it's as if Cheezy Poofs from Fallout 2 are added into the world, both in containers and laying around the worldspace, naturally with no editing.

With permission and/or credit, perhaps we could even use the Cheezy Poofs texture from TheOutbreak's "Cheezy Poofs and Rations" food replacer.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6204

Anyone willing to take up this simple little project? Please?

Yes, but FOOK2 has many, many, many features that I don't care for and would definitely not want in my game.

After some experimenting, I managed to make it myself in FO3edit. It works inventory-wise, but I don't know if it affected the texture of the in-world box yet. The Cheezy Poofs and Rations mod only had three "texture sets", and the one Cheezy Poofs used had just a generic label. I can only assume that many different textures are kept in one "texture set". But that only leads me to wonder how the mod knows which texture in the set to use for that particular object.

Edited by Cyberweasel89

the actual texture of the food items in game is just a sheet with the seperate labels all over it.

the game recognizes the location of each label because of the UV coordinates of the item.

err...simple terms...

It applies the picture that the mesh is pointing to in reference to the sheet.

sorry its hard to explain.

PM me if you want the "Cheesy Poofs" to be replacing the junk food. i can do it, and will if you PM me.

---------->Man_About_Freedom