Cell: ICElvengardensElvenwatchManor

Ref: 'ICDoor04' 01000ED5

Edited by TanisDuncan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside. what you are going to do is in the quest screen under character, go to the quest targets tab. right click in the top box and select new. in the quest target data, select the cell that your outside door is in. under "ref" select the door. back under quest stages, select stage 10 and check the coplete quest box. THAT now should be it lol. sorry for the confusion

I did that earlier but it has a lot of unnecessary stuff.

The quest is completed right after it is active, how do I make it so that you have to go to the house to complete the quest?

The Complete Quest stage should not be Stage 10, because we used Stage 10 to get the key, deed and note for the house (if I have understood correctly).

You should create a stage 20, with the appropriate script, set it to trigger when the player enters the mansion, and mark it as Complete Quest. I suggest the interior door, not the exterior, or simply the IfIsInCell (or whatever command is) so the player must ACTUALLY enter the house to finish the quest.

Cheers!

The reason why it's completing the quest is because we set the Complete Quest stage the same as the stage where we obtained the key, deed and all stuff. A stage marked as Complete Quest will end the quest irregardless if it has a target or not, I think.

My suggestion is (I don't have here my modding computer so I cannot check the proper command scripts, so let's use plain english):

Create a Stage 20, do not put anything on it, or put a message telling the player whatever you want to tell him/her when completing the Quest. Set it to End Quest.

Create an Object script set to begin when activating the exterior door (yes, I have changed my mind about using the interior door) that will set the Quest stage to 20, let's say

begin onactivate

setstage ElvenwatchManor 20

end

You could even skip the Completes Quest stage, that is, don't create the Stage 20, and instead use something like

begin onactivate

if getstage ElvenwatchManor == 10

messagebox "Congratulations, you found this house and now it's yours. Enter freely and unafraid. Do not go down to the basement. By the love of Akatosh, DO NOT GO DOWN TO THE BASEMENT, really. May the Nine forgive us for what we did there."

stopquest ElvenwatchManor

endif

end

and attache any of them to the exterior door.

Please, anybody with more knowledge (or better memory) than me correct this script because I cannot test if it does indeed work.

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast