• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't remember if you attach the script to the placed instance of the door or the Base object for that door, but you need to do it with either the placed instance door's settings windows (double-click the door on the Render window) or the Base object (double click the door on the Render window -- "Edit BaseObject").

Need to go out, will come back later.

Cheers!

WHOA, EDIT! If your door's Base Object is not unique, that is, if it's shared by all the game doors (which most likely is the case) and you need to attach the script to the Base Object, you need to create an unique Base Object for that door or ALL the doors with the same base object as your door will trigger the stopquest command when activated.

Edited by IkeCoast

I created a new door to put the script on (Base ID) the quest worked fine but I couldn't use the door, could I link the script to the interior cell of my house, though I don't know where to put it.

Something like this:

begin (not sure what to put)

If IsInCell ICElvenGardensElvenwatchmanor = 1

setstage ElvenManorQuest 20

end

(might need some bracets somewhere)

If you have changed the Base Object for the door, you need to re-link it to the interior door so the door works.

I think your other option should be something like

begin gamemode

If player.IsInCell ICElvenGardensElvenwatchmanor = 1

setstage ElvenManorQuest 20

endif

end

As before, somebody need to check if this is technically correct.

Cheers!

Not sure. First, could you try if re-linking the exterior door with the interior door makes it usable, since we already saw that the script updates and finishes the Quest as intended?

Now gotta go, really, see you later!

Cheers!

The door still doesn't work, I tried it without the script on it and it works then, just not with the script on it.

If I was to use the IsInCell script, where would I put that?

I'm going off now but I could still really use some help, I'll be back on in about 12 hours if you're still willing to help me, I would very much appreciate it, thanks.

I think I have solved the issue: the OnActivate command DISABLES the door, so the door must be activated again once the OnActivate order has been completed. The script needs to be:

scn FinishQuest (or any other name you find suitable)

begin OnActivate

setstage ElvenwatchManor 20

puthereyourexteriordoorID.Activate

end

and the Quest will end, the door will open automatically, and from now on will work as a common door.

Cheers!

EDIT: as I mentioned before, this script must be compiled as an Object script and attached to the unique Base Object for the door you created before.

Edited by IkeCoast

I used the same script that that is used for Houses For Sale (at least the Imperial City Shack) that attaches to the interior door and is a 'OnLoad' command with a quest compete message.

I also changed the quest a bit, I now only receive a letter about the house which then directs me to Jensine to purchase the deed (along with the key that the deed adds 'OnAdd' as well as setting the deed price to 0), then I'm directed to

the house and as I enter it shows a message saying "blah blah" and the quest is complete.

As you can see I figured the rest of the script out myself but I couldn't have done it without the both of you helping so thank, I will give you credit when I finalize it and upload it to the Nexus which I will do in the next few days so if you'd like to check it out please do so, the file on the Nexus will be 'Elvenwatch Manor'.

Thanks again for all you help.