HELP WITH F03EDIT???

ijc1927

I am trying to do a master update mode and then merge a patch using fo3e, ive downloaded the manual and followed the instructions i;'e, created a copy of the fo3e exe then renamed it, but it then doesnt clearly tell me how to run the master update mode, ive clicked open the new copied version that i created but what it shows me is not what it shows you according to the manual?? I realy want to get my head around creating and merging patches etc so i can stop my game from crashing, im just abit stuck on how to run the MUM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am trying to do a master update mode and then merge a patch using fo3e, ive downloaded the manual and followed the instructions i;'e, created a copy of the fo3e exe then renamed it, but it then doesnt clearly tell me how to run the master update mode, ive clicked open the new copied version that i created but what it shows me is not what it shows you according to the manual?? I realy want to get my head around creating and merging patches etc so i can stop my game from crashing, im just abit stuck on how to run the MUM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There should be 3 copies of the exe. in your Fallout folder. One is the default, FO3Edit, the other two should be FO3Masterupdate and then FO3MasterRestore. Once you have all three create short-cuts to the desktop.

I usually right click and select run as admin. That's all you need to do and the program will automatically know which mode to run. Once you run Masterupdate you will have to run MasterRestore if you want to make changes and so on.

Thanks for the reply joey, ive done exactly what u said, but yet again when i run the master update from the shortcut, it just takes me into the copied version of fo3e edit, im supposed to have a blue header with" masterupdatemode " wrote in it, and then a lot of script that just isnt on mine, culminating with the words " all done " for when it has completed, im just getting the usual scripting that you get when u first load up and run fo3e edit with all your mods from fomm activated??

Thanks for the reply joey, ive done exactly what u said, but yet again when i run the master update from the shortcut, it just takes me into the copied version of fo3e edit, im supposed to have a blue header with" masterupdatemode " wrote in it, and then a lot of script that just isnt on mine, culminating with the words " all done " for when it has completed, im just getting the usual scripting that you get when u first load up and run fo3e edit with all your mods from fomm activated??

When you run MasterUpdate mode a window will open and start to list all the mods that you have checked in FOMM. You will know if it is working properly if the mods you have checked in FOMM are in bold type.

This means the Master flag has been set.

Once this has stopped just close the window and start your game.

If this is not what happens, check your spelling first, FO3MasterUpdate.

If the spelling is correct, download the latest version and re-install.

Make sure all files included in the download are extracted to your Fallout folder.

It sounds as if you've just created a shortcut in the folder that points to the FO3Edit.exe instead of to a renamed copy. Try this:

Go to the folder where you installed FO3Edit, select the FO3Edit.exe file and right-click on it. From the menu that pops up, scroll down and select "Copy". Now right-click anywhere in the empty space of the folder, this will de-select FO3Edit.exe and open a new menu. Scroll down on the new menu and choose "Paste" (DO NOT select "Paste Shortcut"). You should now have a file called "Copy of FO3Edit.exe", right-click on that file and choose "Rename" from the menu. Rename that file to "FO3MasterUpdate.exe".

You can repeat this to create another "Copy of FO3Edit.exe" which you can rename to "FO3MasterRestore.exe" to make it easy to undo the changes that MasterUpdate makes to your mods.

You can now create shortcuts to these 2 new files if you want, or just run the .exe file directly from the folder by double-clicking on it.