Missing Meshes and Installing Mods the Right Way

autumnsky38

Hi everyone. I've been installing mods recently and after installing the last two, Bedwyr Castle and The Shivering Isles Necropolis, I get those big, yellow "missing meshes" things everywhere and can't play the mod. I'm wondering now if it might be something about the way I'm installing them since they're two different mods by two different authors but the same problem, and so I wanted to act like a newbie and ask the more experienced guys/girls to help me.

Here's what I did and I'd like to find out what I might be doing wrong and then maybe some tips about how to do it the right way. (I've been playing mods for years but with some of them this mesh thing happens and I'm not sure I've actually been doing it right!)

I click on the file's folder, have Win Zip extract it to ProgramFiles/Bethesda/Oblivion/Data. Then I usually manually put any new mesh files into the Mesh section, new textures into the Textures folder, put the .esp file into the section where the other esps are, then just check the file when it appears in my Oblivion's Data Files section, then play the game. Usually this works fine but sometimes, like today, the meshes arent' working right and I wonder if there's something I'm not doing that I should be doing, or something I'm doing that I really need to STOP doing. LOL

Anyway, I really appreciate any help with install info that you guys can give me. Not just so I can play these two mods, but also so I can feel like I know what the heck I'm doing with all the others that are bound to come alone. :)

Tracy