Fast Travel Markers

Minty_Paulo

The fast travel markers are called mapmarkers and are in the static objects section. You place them in the world (they look like red door markers), and there will be a yellow circle around it. When the player walks into this (invisible) circle, the game will say "you've found <your place name>.

You can change some things by placing a map marker in game, double clicking on it and click on the marker data tab. There you can change the name of the place, the type of icon that should appear on your map, whether it is visible right away and whether you can travel to it right away (without having been there before).

If you want the map marker to show up after someone points you to the location, don't check the visible box. Also make an unique reference ID (NOT the base object ID) You will have to add a line to the result script in the dialogue tab of the quest window: ShowMap YourMapMarkerRef

If you checked the "can travel to" box, the player will be able to travel there right away. If not, the icon will appear but you can't fast travel to it until you've been there at least once.

I hope this helps ;)

Thanks, Povuholo!

I think I wrote something for you, but not sure? Maybe it was another guy...

Off to experimenting: Put the mapmarker over an item. When the player gets near, the game will say "You found The Sword of Über Pwning".

Then, right after, remove the mapmarker from the player's map (and the world).

That would be so cool :)

Thanks, Povuholo!

I think I wrote something for you, but not sure? Maybe it was another guy...

Off to experimenting: Put the mapmarker over an item. When the player gets near, the game will say "You found The Sword of Über Pwning".

Then, right after, remove the mapmarker from the player's map (and the world).

That would be so cool :)

Disabling the map marker when the player gets close enough could work. But then you'll need to make a new ID for the map marker, and I don't know if that works :)

You wrote something for me? Could be. I needed a lot of help with scripting for my quest mod. I've learned a lot now so can do much myself (I just answered a few scripting questions here on the forum two minutes ago :P)

• 7 years later...