a squestion

TheCalliton

hey nexus-ians

me and a buddy both play stronghold legends and stronghold two, and we got talking about things that would be epic in future stronghold titles, such as mounting any soldier, or an aisan(sorry, i can never remember how to spell that) theme

and we figured we might be able to mod the games, so i told him i would ask ya'll

so, whats the word?

There is little modding to be done for the game. There are AI editors (how specific opponents in Kingmaker make their own castles) available, as are reskinned art (its mainly in standard files for modding), and new maps.

Many are subpar (for both reskins and maps), and dependant on versions (i.e a mod for SH2 1.31 won't work on a 1.40 Version Game - obviously).

With SH3 coming up, there might be some more mods coming available - for example, there were many hoping for a Lord of the Rings Style mod for SH2, and a Roman mod. The files used are GR2 - whch are RAD Tools, and is expensive. I'm not sure if there are any plugins available for 3DS Max either, and I'm not sure on whether you're capable of changing stats at all as much of it seems to be locked away.

It's quite a small community, and many aren't that technically minded, as opposed to something as large as say Oblivion, or Dragon Age etc.