7.5x55 Swiss 1911 Rifle.

pickinthebanjo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit.

Hey, ive just read through your posts and ive got to say well done to you for your hard work and excellent results! I have just got into the modding scene and you have really inspired me to try and create a weapon myself! The tutorial you posted looks extremely helpful and a lot of people can learn from the processes you have described. I can't download the Schmidt-Rubin yet as the nexus server won't let me, but i cant wait to give it a try! Top job fella, keep up the good work!

edit.

Hey, ive just read through your posts and ive got to say well done to you for your hard work and excellent results! I have just got into the modding scene and you have really inspired me to try and create a weapon myself! The tutorial you posted looks extremely helpful and a lot of people can learn from the processes you have described. I can't download the Schmidt-Rubin yet as the nexus server won't let me, but i cant wait to give it a try! Top job fella, keep up the good work!

Thank you, and by the time you manage to download the mod it should be updated again (fixed clipping issues) so at least you can look forward to that. I have been working non stop and need a break so I may update tomorrow though.

If you want to get into modding, there are a couple others I have been talking with and we may as well try and work together (sharing ideas, and knowledge) just add me to your friends list if your up for it, thats what the others did.

Edited by pickinthebanjo

Your first attempt? Holy s***. That is amazing.

That is a really nice gun. An ancient, yet sturdy, rifle.

I think it will be just the rifle to complete the varmint and hunting rifles.

take a look at the second version, I posted a pic but I may as well post one here as well since this thread seems to be a progress log now. -

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/39732-1-1295633414.jpg

Textures are not final, the base uses the "thismachine" texture since it fit, the bolt/barrel band texture seems good I just need to screw with the bolt texture a bit more in the hopes to add the wood bolt handle and clean up the back of the bolt, the charging ring/safety seems good as well. I do need to make a better texture for the whole receiver though.

Thanks though, and the second version could be ready today some time.

Your first attempt? Holy s***. That is amazing.

That is a really nice gun. An ancient, yet sturdy, rifle.

I think it will be just the rifle to complete the varmint and hunting rifles.

take a look at the second version, I posted a pic but I may as well post one here as well since this thread seems to be a progress log now. -

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/39732-1-1295633414.jpg

Textures are not final, the base uses the "thismachine" texture since it fit, the bolt/barrel band texture seems good I just need to screw with the bolt texture a bit more in the hopes to add the wood bolt handle and clean up the back of the bolt, the charging ring/safety seems good as well. I do need to make a better texture for the whole receiver though.

Thanks though, and the second version could be ready today some time.

Love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Can we get a staff member to sticky this topic please. Picknthebanjo - as a good friend, I HIGHLY recommend you take your pictures, and posts, and compile this thread into an article, I am going to follow the steps over the next couple of days and see what I get.

Thanks for the hard work man

Ocelot

To be honest, I foudn this more helpful than your tutorials....well thats a lie.

Im going to use this ( right now) to get a test gun in game and see if It works while using your tutorials at the same time.

I find this kind of learning ( where you see it step by step with results) more fun than a lot of other tutorials. So, this thread has always been and will be a bookmark for me.