Adding voiced dialogue

GreatLucifer

I've added dialogue for an NPC before, having created a standard companion once, but never voiced dialogue.

Now I want to add voiced dialogue to an NPC, but I can't get past seeing the filename for existing convo. It does not allow me to select, browse, or whatever in that window, and I can't seem to find the option anywhere else either.

So....

Where do I have to put my files (wav's for now)?

How can I "attach" that to the actual convo ingame?

And how could I add the lipsynch-something?

Please don't tell me I need a(nother) third party program. I prefer to keep it in the CS, unless there is no other way..

I'd appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction on this. I checked the cs.elderscrolls already, but didn't really come up with anything useful....

Lucifer

Edited by GreatLucifer

Is this in the wrong section or something? Or is the question too hard..?

I know of the standard record option within dialogue options, but even as it saves and makes (seemingly) appropriate files, I can only hear them back when in the editor, it refuses to work ingame?

I already have a- and know my way around- soundediting program, so I'd prefer to be able to load in my own files... And ofcourse, get it to actually play ingame...

Anybody?

Thanks, Lucifer

Ok, thank you.

GECK, I assume, is a third party program, available for free (I hope)? (Yes, I'm one of those people without even obmm, wrye, boss, obse or whatever..)

I hope this'll work... Thanks again.

Lucifer

Deadliest Shade is talking about Fallout 3 for some reason. The GECK is Fallout's equivalent to Oblivion's CS.

Is this in the wrong section or something? Or is the question too hard..?

I know of the standard record option within dialogue options, but even as it saves and makes (seemingly) appropriate files, I can only hear them back when in the editor, it refuses to work ingame?

I already have a- and know my way around- soundediting program, so I'd prefer to be able to load in my own files... And ofcourse, get it to actually play ingame...

Anybody?

Thanks, Lucifer

Here is some reference material for you:

The Elder Scrolls Construction Set

Audio Settings For Dialogue Video Tutorial

Audacity:Voice Acting Workshop I