Teleport Spell to Custom World Space

Byzanthium

I have created a custom world space, raised the land, blah blah... I created a spell to teleport me to this world space, placed a Xmarker in the world space to teleport to. But when I use the spell in-game, I get a loading screen with a working loading bar, then a black screen, then a loading screen again with a full loading bar that just sits here. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

My spell script is as follows:

scn aaByzBeachTeleportSpell

Begin ScriptEffectSpell

Message "Teleporting to safety."

End

Begin GameMode

player.MoveTo aaBBXmarker

End

Thanks

I have created a custom world space, raised the land, blah blah... I created a spell to teleport me to this world space, placed a Xmarker in the world space to teleport to. But when I use the spell in-game, I get a loading screen with a working loading bar, then a black screen, then a loading screen again with a full loading bar that just sits here. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

My spell script is as follows:

Begin ScriptEffectSpell

End

Begin GameMode

End

Thanks

The first problem is in the very first line. There is no BeginScriptEffectSpell command. It should be BeginScriptEffectStart.

The second problem is the GameMode block. Once started, a GameMode block runs once every frame until told to stop via script. In this case, the Player will be moved to your XMarker once per frame non-stop.

The third problem is that you should never use the MoveTo command to move the Player to a new worldspace. It causes all kinds of problems with NPC dialogue (i.e. most, if not all, NPCs will display the "I Have No Greeting" message when spoken to). Create an interior cell and use that for the safe zone instead.

A more appropriate script would be:

Begin ScriptEffectStart
   End

Thanks for the response.

I typed Begin ScriptEffectStart wrong in my post, but it is right in my script. Sorry about that.

But yes, I figured there was something weird about teleporting to worldspaces. So I should be teleporting to an interior? Is it possible to teleport to the worldspace and be in the exterior, say right outside the house?

I'm not new to using the Construction Kit, but this is the first time I've attempted a new worldspace.

Thanks for the response.

I typed Begin ScriptEffectStart wrong in my post, but it is right in my script. Sorry about that.

But yes, I figured there was something weird about teleporting to worldspaces. So I should be teleporting to an interior? Is it possible to teleport to the worldspace and be in the exterior, say right outside the house?

I'm not new to using the Construction Kit, but this is the first time I've attempted a new worldspace.

It's best to teleport into an interior. If you want to move to your worldspace without the dialogue problems, you must use a door. You can use a door via script. What you'll need to do is:

1. Place a door somewhere in the Tamriel worldspace and give it a unique RefID (I'll use TamDoorRef for now).

2. Place another door in your worldspace.

3. Link the two doors.

4. Move the Tamriel door below the ground so you can't just walk up and activate it.

5. Move the door in your worldspace below ground (if desired).

6. Place the door teleport markers where you would like for the Player to materialize.

7. Make a spell with the following script:

Begin ScriptEffectStart
   player.activate TamDoorRef
   End

You can modify this to teleport both ways if desired.