Multiple Plugin Access Causing Crashes

Samustus

My mod currently accesses 9 'Parent Masters' in GECK (mains and plugins) for their data to use with my own. Essentially, my mod needs to be compatible with a few popular mods and many of those mods have multiple plugins. I don't use a lot of data from each, usually weapons, cothing etc.

Is there a limit to the number of different mods my own personal mod can be associated with in GECK?

For example, when I try to add various WMK modded weapons (and only weapon data) in my mod, I use models from all 7 WMK plugins (Main, DLC's and FOOK2).

That makes it 9 plus 7 more plugins. My mod now stalls/crashes GECK and won't run in Fallout 3.

Any ideas what's happening?

Well, I tried around 25 masters in the past when I was still fresh at modding, and nothing went wrong. Maybe it's because one of your masters are missing, go and check around.

Hmm, thanks. I'll look into it more.

I got so fed up, I am also trying a way to not have to have to rely on all these extra mods.

We'll see.

If any of the masters are esp files without the master bit set, the Geck will drop them from the master list when you save your file, causing unresolved records which will crash the game.

If any of the masters are esp files without the master bit set, the Geck will drop them from the master list when you save your file, causing unresolved records which will crash the game.

Aha!

That's what must have happened. You're right. WMK didn't appear in the list.

WMK has no *.esm master file. The main file for WMK is an *.esp plugin.

Any suggestions on what I might do?

Edited by Samustus

The Geck doesn't really care what the extension of the file is - esp or esm. As long as the esm bit is set, you will be ok.

You can use FO3Edit or FO3Plugin to set the esm/master bit in the WMK esp file.

You can use the TESsnip tool in FOMM to do it too. (make esm - just save it as esp and overwrite)

The Geck doesn't really care what the extension of the file is - esp or esm. As long as the esm bit is set, you will be ok.

You can use FO3Edit or FO3Plugin to set the esm/master bit in the WMK esp file.

You can use the TESsnip tool in FOMM to do it too. (make esm - just save it as esp and overwrite)

I'll give that a try.