Certain mods don't work. . .

darkranger85

We tried starting it with all the plugins off and it wont start. I said heck with it and am in the process of starting over fresh with a new install that doesn't have a dozen mod files in their that aren't used.

Will let you know when it's done.

We tried starting it with all the plugins off and it wont start. I said heck with it and am in the process of starting over fresh with a new install that doesn't have a dozen mod files in their that aren't used.

Will let you know when it's done.

Perfect :)

Try installing FOOK2 and MMM first, before the others, and see if everything works as it should.

Luck!

Ok, I installed FOOK2 and all its updated plugins and hotfix data and hotfix.esp and all that. Now, by itself it is crashing on startup. Even with all the plugins deactivated it crashes. . . :(

Am I supposed to put in that Hotfix data and the Beta 1.1 Data? It has like Meshes and Textures and stuff. Or am I just supposed to use the updated plugins and nothing else?

Edited by darkranger85

Ok, I got it all to work and many things that were not working are now working.

I got a 10mm replacer to work that wouldnt before. the MMM pip-boy menu works.

But, on the other hand I still can't get the No Gore mods to work and the Ammo weight still doesn't work.

Also, there were a few new developments.

1. I had to disable the mods when I started the game because the screen would go black just after you are born.

2. Missing meshes or textures, whichever causes those red exclamation point warnings (Screenshot attached)

3. I had 1 crash when I first entered Megaton. I reloaded and tried it again and it worked fine so maybe it was just a glitch.

Edited by darkranger85

Ok, I installed FOOK2 and all its updated plugins and hotfix data and hotfix.esp and all that. Now, by itself it is crashing on startup. Even with all the plugins deactivated it crashes. . . :(

Am I supposed to put in that Hotfix data and the Beta 1.1 Data? It has like Meshes and Textures and stuff. Or am I just supposed to use the updated plugins and nothing else?

Ah ok!

EDIT after seeing last post: You are not installed properly yet.

We can fix this.

http://www.fooknv.com/downloads/

The files you need to download are:

-The Original FOOK2v1.0 RC Installer.

-FOOK2 v1.1 Data Files.

-FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Plugins.

-FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Cumulative Hotfix Data (9-10).

-FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Cumulative Hotfix Plugins (9-06).

Go ahead and grab them.

===Instructions===

-Install Fallout 3, patch it with the official Patch 1.7.

-Download Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) ( http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640 ) and install it. Check the you have the newest version of FOMM.

-Download Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) - Strongly recommended! - ( http://fose.silverlock.org ) and install it.

-Download and install The Original FOOK2v1.0 RC Installer.

-VERY IMPORTANT: Delete EVERY SINGLE 1.0 plugins. D I K, EVE, Mothership Zeta plugins, the main esms, remove them ALL. Basically delete every FOOK2 plugin that was just installed in your Data folder by FOMM. (Look at the load order I made for you. Only those FOOK2 plugins are needed)

-Download and install the new FOOK2 v1.1 Data Files. Manually copy over these folders into your 'Fallout3/Data' folder. When asked to overwrite, click 'Yes to All'.

-Download and install the FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Plugins. FOMM install everything apart from the D I K files.

-Download and install the FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Cumulative Hotfix Data (9-10). Manually copy over these folders into your 'Fallout3/Data' folder. When asked to overwrite, click 'Yes to All'. You just need to copy over the 'Meshes', 'Textures' and 'Sounds'.

-Download and install the FOOK2 v1.1 Beta 2 Cumulative Hotfix Plugins (9-06). FOMM install the non-D I K esp file.

If any stray plugin gets copied into the 'Fallout3/Data' folder during this process, open FOMM and right click and delete them.

Once done. Make sure your load order is as I showed you before.

Once everything has been installed and your load order chosen, open FOMM, click 'Tools' and click 'ArchiveInvalidation' so it becomes ticked.

When it comes time to run the game, make sure you start the game using 'fose_loader.exe' which is in your 'Fallout3/Data' folder. Create a shortcut using that file to start the game with.

I'm off to bed, if you have any probs, read http://www.fooknv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4212. Please follow the instructions closely. FOOK2 is a huge mod and needs patience to install, as you know.

Edited by Samustus