Killing Caesar in his camp

WizardOfAtlantis

So, in my wandering-the-wastes-looking-for-dog-brains, I was led to a Legion encampment, I thought just one of many, until one thing led to another and Caesar stepped on a landmine and got shot in the head for his troubles in trying to kill me. Him and all the other blokes with him. o_O

Will this have any repercussions on the game, main quest or anything?

I have the platinum chip now, so Ring a Ding Ding is finished (that one I caught as it flashed on the screen). But others? Does Caesar actually take part in the last battle of the main quest? I haven't done it a single time yet as I tend to wander around a lot.

Thanks.

Ceaser does give you several of the Legion main quests, so you won't be able to play these now (but i assume that if you are killing Legion troops, you didn't think of doing that)

other than that, many people will comment on Ceaser being dead, and it also gives several new discussion options with several people, but i don't think it has such a strong influence on the main quest

Thanks, WastelandAssassin.

I was kinda hoping that. Your analysis for the rest pans out already. I don't care about Legion quests (just don't like playing a bad guy too much), and I actually have heard in conversation the fact that "maybe since Caesar's dead, things will be a little calmer now" or something to that effect.

So, cool. :thumbsup:

It does not really affect your main quest so have no worries but this annoys me because if Ceaser is dead the legion should have backed down and fall apart which it doesn't

that's not true

if you have done the main quest with anyone other than the Legion, than you would know that the real leader of the Legion is the Legate (he may not actually rule them, but he is the general of the Legion army)

it's like President Kimball

you would expect the NCR to crumble if you kill him, but they don't

it's the same thing

also, when other point (more like food for thought)

if you cut the head off a chicken, it can still live for a rather large amount of time (can't give you numbers, but it's true)

the same goes here, you may kill the leader, but the army can still be very much alive and active (and probably have a HUGE motivation to crush you to bits and pieces :biggrin:)

it's the same thing

Well the NCR also has a Senate and other branches of government as well and they'd still handle things with Kimball dead. After all, the USA never went *poof* when one of it's presidents was assassinated.

it's the same thing

Well the NCR also has a Senate and other branches of government as well and they'd still handle things with Kimball dead. After all, the USA never went *poof* when one of it's presidents was assassinated.

Totalitarian states work differently, I recommend 'Downfall (2004) and empires like the Mongols can run for a while on the founders momentum but unless the leader has had the foresight to keep someone equally charismatic and driven around, the thing tends to unravel within a few years.

Interesting to note that the Roman emperors went out of their way to choose worse successors, so that their own reign would be remembered as good in comparison.

Interesting to note that the Roman emperors went out of their way to choose worse successors, so that their own reign would be remembered as good in comparison.

Just imagine what kind of Forever you have to assume in what you're doing in order to adopt such a mentality...the possibility that the Empire might fall doesn't even come into question. What century-spanning Ego. Reminds me of Melnibone'. :nuke:

Just imagine what kind of Forever you have to assume in what you're doing in order to adopt such a mentality...the possibility that the Empire might fall doesn't even come into question. What century-spanning Ego. Reminds me of Melnibone'. :nuke:

A lot of that was to do with their religion (we'd say superstition) the pre christian Romans knew they were going to hell, the underworld, unless they became deified (a God, demigod etc). The only thing that would relive their condition down there was worship and prayers, to be adopted by some people or group and prayed to.

Makes me wonder why the devs left such a juicy plot element out of the game. The Burning man is half way there already.