I've lost original weapons meshes folder

Razor960

hi i've accidentally deleted the folders containing the original meshes for the weapons in Fallout new vegas and i don't feel like reinstalling the game (losing progress, having to reinstall mods ecc ) so could anyone please give me those folders?

Edited by Razor960

I think that restoring your cache with Steam will fix it?

well actually i don't use the steam version i'm playing it on a MAC throught wineskin with a dvd copy of the game y know those who links with windows live so i can't do that but everyting about the game it's still the same

Then you will likely have to reinstall. Are you sure you actually deleted the folder and not renamed or moved it? Do you have a backup that may have that folder?

Then you will likely have to reinstall. Are you sure you actually deleted the folder and not renamed or moved it? Do you have a backup that may have that folder?

why i NEED to reinstall when i could just put back the folders where they originally were i know for sure that it works because i've installed the WRP mod as a placeholder and it has the same folders with the files having the same name as the original and second having a backup of the entire game WILL mess up everything because for some reasons if you replace the original folder with a backup everything will stop working even the launcher and the uninstall programms won't work

New problem:today i had to reinstall the entire game because it contiuned to crash everytime i launched it so yeah in the end i recoverd those files but now i have a new problem with the mods ill explain it in another topic

There are no versions of New Vegas that links with GFWL - all (legit) New Vegas copies links with Steam.

So, if you have a DVD version which doesn't link with Steam, you have most likely been ripped off by someone selling illegal copies.

There are no versions of New Vegas that links with GFWL - all (legit) New Vegas copies links with Steam.

So, if you have a DVD version which doesn't link with Steam, you have most likely been ripped off by someone selling illegal copies.

yeah sorry i meant the games for windows one i've confused it with Fallout 3 my bad anyway if you want to help me go on the other topic i posted i no longer need those files because i had to reinstall the game

Edited by Razor960