Texture Issue: Uninstalled Killable Kids

Roachbait

Ok, seems the Boomers liked to shell their own children and blame me for it, any time I fast-travelled anywhere near Freeside, they would spawn in with me, then run to the targeting zone for the howitzers, and get blown to smithereens.

I got blamed.

Well, not being one to get the "Child Killer" perk for something I didn't do, I deactivated, and removed the mod.

Now, when I look at the crier for Mickey and Ralphs, along his neckline I see what seems to be distorted fingers, like the mesh texture is nerfed-up.

Lo, and behold! All the kids in Freeside share the same mesh/texture issue.

I checked for residual files left over...nothing from the Killable Kids .rar is there.

If you want to check it out, you can look at my screenshots on Steam (I'll put a close-up shot up) , same name. It's not game-breaking, but, it is an error of some kind, which can lead to being game-breaking...

Any help on this issue would be welcome.

Roachbait

Ok, maybe, I should give you guys a little background too...

I've been modding for over a year now, I followed Gophers videos to a "T" and have had certain issues to figure out on my own, (with hidden Plugins files) Archive invalidation (invalidated or otherwise) isn't one of them...repeated attempts to "start-over" with new .ini files (all of them, one of each, in sequence, one at a time) are not a fix, either.

I use Beware of Girl meshes, and Breezes for males, (ghoul versions for both male and female) Real-Feel on top of that, Tan-Lines, and XunAMarox Oily Skins also.

I have deactivated and reactivated all of my skin meshes and still get the same result on the kids in Freeside, even when they are all off, there is no change.

I am thinking it is a residual file left over from when the mod was deactivated and removed, it did merge a file on initial install of the mod, and there is an extra file left in the male mesh character file "upperbody.nif" which doesn't show up in the

original install of the main game file (my backup copy)...

I also run the Willow mod, and I would hate to mess her up by pulling out .nif files she may rely on to exist.

As you can see, this killable kids mod has left me running through a shell range of my own, even though it is gone.

See for yourself, poor Rat Boy needs help...: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419466012

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Roachbait

So you used this mod right and not some mod found on another site that is not allowed on Nexus (since it has content stolen from me that maker refuses to remove) correct? You should not always think mods are perfectly safe to install if found on other sites, they may not be on Nexus for a reason.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52162/?

I say it is most likely a issue with either the child skin texture, or mesh.

Remove these files if you see them:

meshes\characters\_male\childfemaleupperbody.nif

meshes\characters\_male\childupperbody.nif

textures\characters\childfemale folder

textures\characters\child folder

Alright, Nivea, you may find this interesting, the version I had was called Killable Kids(not Children)_v8-39148-8-0, (not the version you link here) in the texture part of the tree, it only has the interface file, it lacks the character file...the esp itself is larger, 64,071kb vs 61,491kb, a fallout_default.ini and instructions text file are also added in the data file. The KKTorsoFemale.nif and KKTorsoMale.nif are far smaller than in the link you sent (the female especially, it's 192,724kb vs 1,140,304 kb), the perk files are identical, save one thing...under packed (4,293kb for perk_childkiller.dds, and 4,858kb for perk_midgecide.dds) where the linked above is at 0, for both...makes me wonder what else was added...the files you mention are not present in my data folder, under meshes or textures (none around that even start with "child", in either one.)

Now, I can't exactly remember where I got the file from, it was around a year ago (1/11/2014), I do remember having a hard time locating the mod (something about people thinking kids are immune to bullets, etc...), the closest thing I could find (easily) on Nexus was the Raider Kids mod....but, I was still kinda new to the way the filters worked too. (See below, I did some back-checking...it was in the forums.)

At the time, I didn't even consider someone may have stolen this file, I just figured it was considered a "taboo" issue on the Nexus, like sex mods, and, like how with Fallout 2, it wouldn't allow you to kill children in the European/overseas released versions of the game...I just figured that was still the case then...

I do understand the risks of "wild" downloads, and in this case, for the above reason, I took the chance...I really had no idea it was stolen...it seems I found the link here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/ , opened by babyeatdingo (a name you don't soon forget) in Nexus mod talk...in the only reply, a link there goes to "tiny upload.com", and the download itself has since expired, I can guess why...now. Consider me chastised.

Perhaps someone needs to do something about people who provide links for stolen mod material...even the person who provided the link was worried about being banned for doing so...(I do remember seeing in the post about it being removed for "unknown reasons", by the link provider, maybe those reasons need to be made public, beforehand? To avoid this sort of thing.).

My question now would be if installing the legit version would be a fix...and enabling/running the game/disabling would set everything right again...with a new save after disabling, of course...

Roachbait