Has playing New Vegas changed your view of FO3?

WizardOfAtlantis

40 members have voted

1. 1. Has playing New Vegas changed the way you look at Fallout 3?

3. The metro system and DC ruins just sucked in that regard. If it weren't for fast travel I'd never return to any of those locations and I still never figured out how to get to some of them. I got lost every time I tried to get to GNR and after a few playthroughs I just decided to forget about Three-Dog and went straight to Rivet City, at least it's easy to get to The Mall from there as the metro line runs from Rivet City to The Mall uninterrupted.

Ha! Totally. After those first few times of finding him, I totally sidetracked him, too. Just not necessary, and very easy to leapfrog instead. :tongue:

3. The metro system and DC ruins just sucked in that regard. If it weren't for fast travel I'd never return to any of those locations and I still never figured out how to get to some of them. I got lost every time I tried to get to GNR and after a few playthroughs I just decided to forget about Three-Dog and went straight to Rivet City, at least it's easy to get to The Mall from there as the metro line runs from Rivet City to The Mall uninterrupted.

Ha! Totally. After those first few times of finding him, I totally sidetracked him, too. Just not necessary, and very easy to leapfrog instead. :tongue:

It wasn't much of a lose in my opinion, I never liked any of the music on GNR anyway. New Vegas has better music but the playlist gets too repetitive.

It has, a bit, well, a lot actually, when I first played F3, I enjoyed it, I played it over and over and over again, I modded it to the point of "1 step, 1 crash", and had over 400 savegames (don't ask why), and I just couldn't get enough of it, when the DLCs appeared, my god, I played the game over and over and over AGAIN.

Then, NV came in, I loved it twice as I loved F3, and I'm doing the same thing, but then something happened with my NV, and had to reinstall it, while it was reinstalling, I decided to play F3, much for my surprise, I couldn't, it just bored me after 10 minutes of gameplay.

IMO: F3 is still a great goddamned game, but after I played NV, the second, in my opinion, proved superior, better voice acting (we don't have 1 actor per 25 NPCs), better story (I don't want to degrade F3's story, but after thinking it for a while, it's just [durr mode ON:]: "hurr wher my father, oh found him, nuuu he ded, grr me kill evil computar who want kill wasteland with friendly people in big armor!11one!1", NV's is more like "arr who shot me head, i show him, here you are, *pew pew*, noo, war is coming, i must help sum1, me'll help -X- !11!1 durr mode OFF), worse radios I'll admit, "I don't want to set the world on fire", "Civilization" and "Butcher Pete", just managed to beat all RNV's music.

Anyways, both games were very good, but NV (and F2) made me notice F3's flaws, which made it, from my point of view, not a "boring" game, but a game I'd rather not play again.

I think I'm going to stop reading this thread. It's like half the posters are saying "I like Fallout X better than Fallout Y because of Reason Z" and I'm thinking "But Reason Z is one of the things I really like about Fallout Y (or dislike about Fallout X)!"

Case in point: Someone mentioned that NV has made them want to visit the American desert southwest whereas I spent a huge part of my youth bumming around that part of the U.S. so Fallout NV just doesn't seem very exotic to me. There were no radscorpions or deathclaws when I was there but I did encounter an 18 inch long centipede in a New Mexico motel room once and had to remember to check my boots for regular scorpions before putting them on in the morning after sleeping outdoors.

There's no accounting for taste. Both games have their pros and cons. I find myself playing NV more than FO3 simply because it's new but I did just start a new FO3 game a couple nights ago because I got bored with New Vegas and I'm enjoying just as much as ever, possibly even more because of the nostalgia factor.