Another DLC trouble.

Flamyx

Does all this checking and unchecking and saving and loading really need to be done if all the DLCs were installed before the new game was started? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I'm still in my first playthrough, had almost 50 of the official add-ons installed when I started and did no savegame wizardry to activate them. Being as such, have I cheated myself out of some additional content?

@herc;

No, you should be fine. The "uncheck, start new game, get to first save point, save, exit, re-check, re-load save" stuff (There! I think that's the shortest way to express it!) is all about getting some mods which are supposed to spwan items directly into your PC's inventory to work correctly if you're running with the most recent patch (1.04). There's something about the way most of those mods interacted with a brand-new game that kept their "create item" function from triggering properly.

All "official" DLC works without a hitch, as do most other mods.

There are other known conflicts between some fairly complicated mods ("Slinks Ravage", for example) and some of the later DLC (esp. WH!.) :wacko:

Actually Thandal it started with the 1.03 patch. There are alternatives to the spawn to inventory method but unfortunately many of the mods that cause problems were made prior to the patch that started this whole mess. Some modders have opted to put their items into a merchant's inventory, no issues there. Others (like me) prefer to allow the player to call the items with the console so they are available on demand at no cost; again, no issue there. It's just the player made mods that add to inventory that one needs to worry about. I for one have uninstalled all those mods just so I don't have to deal with it.

Actually Thandal it started with the 1.03 patch...

Of course it did! (And just yesterday I was even looking back at an old troubleshooting thread we'd both posted in and saw where we talked about this very issue.) Don't know why I sudddenly thought it was 1.04-related! :teehee: