Fallout New Vegas... Dance!?!?

neoxyooj

Just Googled Hatsune Miku. Stab me, it's an Idoru! That one got right past me. But nice vid guy. Have you considered ToonIt! or any of the auto-rotoscope filters. They are expensive, especially in processioning power but would suit something like that.

yea i thought about toonit and adobe pro CS5 but, like you said, wayyyyy to expensive for my taste lol! in the mean while, im stuck with windows live movie maker until i can get my hands on a better movie/editing software.

THANKS!

Just Googled Hatsune Miku. Stab me, it's an Idoru! That one got right past me. But nice vid guy. Have you considered ToonIt! or any of the auto-rotoscope filters. They are expensive, especially in processioning power but would suit something like that.

yea i thought about toonit and adobe pro CS5 but, like you said, wayyyyy to expensive for my taste lol! in the mean while, im stuck with windows live movie maker until i can get my hands on a better movie/editing software.

THANKS!

You might want to look at this;

Free Cartoon Effect

THANKS!

You might want to look at this;

Free Cartoon Effect

thanks for the link but after DLing, i couldnt get it to install... just my luck. thanks anyway but that site was a dud for me... =/

i know this isn't exactly fallout new vegas stuff but being a fan of the last samurai---and even a bigger fan of the music composed by hans zimmer---i wanted to make a vid regarding the music from the last samurai. thus, after recording a few scenic wasteland scenes from new vegas, i just couldnt help but notice how fked up the wasteland is LOL! therefore, i decided to go back to the beauty that oblivion had to offer and recorded my vid there LOL! Hence, a vid dedicated in oblivion (of course with the music that zimmer composed from the last samurai)

ENJOY!

"A Small Measure of Peace" composed by Hans Zimmer in the style of the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Edited by neoxyooj

THANKS!

i recently purchased Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 at Best Buy for 52 dollars (49.99, but 51.99 with tax). im still trying to figure it out but it has so many possibilities for customization it's ridiculous. for 52 bucks, thats not bad for a video editor.

also, frank lee, i really dig the style of the video. it reminds me of that game MadWorld for the Wii (never played it but it has the similar black and white cartoon style)

Edited by MadMax08

Trying to do a serious project with windows live movie maker would be like trying to repair your car with the toy tools from Christmas crackers. You are to be commended for getting anything out of it at all! Now you have a real editing suite I'd recommend playing with it for a while, rather than trying to produce something, this will lend some consistency to your output. Or you may find yourself looking back at early episodes (when your still struggling with workflow) and wanting to re-do them all.

Most of what you are seeing in Three Card Bounty Killer! is the ToonIt! filter that I've gone on about. It's one of 5 filters and its an effect I love because everyone knows what a comic looks like. I mean everyone! there are bushmen in the Kalahari that could recognize a comic strip. The problem with Machinima is it looks like games. That's Ok for us because we are gamers but if folk like Boone of the Wasteland haven't heard of it, he's a serious gamer and its been happening for over a decade. . . .something isn't working?

Since movies are mostly about 'look' I believe producing machinima that looks like games is the stumbling point. If we want to get the genre out of its sub-gamer ghetto we have to produce something that looks less like games and more like an other (or a new) media. Machinima hasn't shook the world of film making, despite 'Lionhead's The Movies' the Sims and PreViz in the mainstream cinema, It's not lived up to it's early promise to do what 'Punk Rock' did to the music industry.

So unless we are content with an audience of the gamers that know about this stuff we really need to try to make films that has something to say to a broader audience. Something that grabs them by the eyeballs and leaves them amazed, even something that leaves them thinking "I could do that" . . . .