Fallout 3 To New vegas

Honeybiscuit

Since the geck is used for both games is it possible to bring object like buildings that are not in the new vegas into it? Is for how is it done?

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas use different versions of the GECK, but even so, taking content from either game to put into the other game is simply not allowed. It's illegal and, I believe, is a breach of copyright.

Hi there, I was just reading this topic and thought my question would fit in here. As far as I understoud it is illegal to use content from Fallout 3 in Fallout NV, right ?

I was recently thinking if it would be possible to connect both game worlds into one game ( so you could visit the capital wasteland in Fallout NV). But as I read this topic, I would like to know if this is illegal aswell, cause the user would need to own Fallout 3 to run such a mod and I hope it is allowed to distribute mods which do that without using any of their ressources . Since that would be pretty cool I guess.

Hi there, I was just reading this topic and thought my question would fit in here. As far as I understoud it is illegal to use content from Fallout 3 in Fallout NV, right ?

I was recently thinking if it would be possible to connect both game worlds into one game ( so you could visit the capital wasteland in Fallout NV). But as I read this topic, I would like to know if this is illegal aswell, cause the user would need to own Fallout 3 to run such a mod and I hope it is allowed to distribute mods which do that without using any of their ressources . Since that would be pretty cool I guess.

Only if the content used to merge the two are included in both game's BSA files. Taking ANY content that is contained in one game, and not contained in the other would be considered an illegal rip. Would not be hosted here.

Also, because of an issue that has arisen on this site in the past... attempts at creating an all new game, based on content from other games, will not be allowed here on the nexus.

There have been mods that were put on the site that allowed what you are talking about... such as visiting areas from FO in the FONV game, and those were removed, as they didnt contain content which was already present in BOTH games.

Edited by DarkeWolf