Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul [WIP]

Shurah

great work

will you be changing the behavior for indoor merchants & merchants? they just stand in one place until they sleep - I'd like to see them move about a bit, possibly sweep/clean up and perhaps sit down occasionally

Edited by mrjentipede

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your comments & thank you to the person who has done a post on reddit.
The version 0.2 of the plugin is now finished. Before to release it, I need to improve, update and finish the plugin description.
I want also to do new videos about "Survival Instinct" to show the impact it will have on your gameplay and because the current videos are a bit outdated.

So, the mod will be available soon.

the mod will work with remodeled interiors and exteriors as long as vanilla markers (x, furniture, idle etc.) are just moved and not deleted, correct? that means it should be compatible with ETaC, interior mods and so on, right?

This is a good question. I can't give a general answer: some mods (not all of them) which edits the architecture of cities or the architecture of interior rooms won't be usable with my mod without a compatibility patch. This is the only category of mod that will cause issues.
Some of these mods will disrupt my AI because they:
- break connections between navmeshes
- corrupt navmeshes or add corrupted navmeshes
- add a deleted flag to navmeshes (this is really annoying because it prevents me to do compatibility patches)
- remove essential bug fixes that I've done on some navmeshes
- move the original position of houses and walls
Fortunately, these mods are few in numbers, so I'll be able to do a black list and to support some of them.
For ETAC, the compatibility patch won't be available for the release, missjennabee and myself will have to cooperate.

great work

will you be changing the behavior for indoor merchants & merchants? they just stand in one place until they sleep - I'd like to see them move about a bit, possibly sweep/clean up and perhaps sit down occasionally

Yes the merchants will be less static. I'm thinking about implementing a turn over between merchants and their successors. For example, Arcadia could take a day off or two to gather herbs around Whiterun, while in the meantime Alham will take care of her shop.

"Yes the merchants will be less static. I'm thinking about implementing a turn over between merchants and their successors. For example, Arcadia could take a day off or two to gather herbs around Whiterun, while in the meantime Alham will take care of her shop."

SO IMMURSUV!

sounds epic man, I can't wait, holy moly...

very excited for 0.2's release

and i apologize, i meant indoor merchants and innkeepers

you mentioned that citizens won't run from a dragon in a current save because they aren't considered dragon's enemies, would a simple fix for this be to add the city factions as enemies to the dragon faction?

very excited for 0.2's release

and i apologize, i meant indoor merchants and innkeepers

The innkeeper will be also less static, for example, during the morning, you may meet hulda at the market.

If you talk to hulda while she's outside the Bannered Mare, she'll use the following lines of dialogue:

"I'm just out and about, love. The Bannered Mare can do without me for a bit, I suspect."

"I don't get much time time off from the tavern, but I enjoy it when I do."

"I'll get back to the Bannered Mare soon enough. Just need to stretch my legs a bit..."

you mentioned that citizens won't run from a dragon in a current save because they aren't considered dragon's enemies, would a simple fix for this be to add the city factions as enemies to the dragon faction?

This fix only works when you start a new game and can conflict with other mods. Once you start a new game, you can't change the relationships between official factions. To fix this problem on a old save, you need to add a new faction on each citizen as well as a new faction on each dragon. I've already done it for each citizen without creating conflicts with other mods, for the dragons, it's more difficult to do it without using scripts or without directly editing the dragon entries. On a old save, my fix will work only with the dragons which appear via a official random encounter.

will you also improve guards?

For generic NPCs, I'll do a separate plugin, to avoid compatibility issues.

The main post has been updated. This is the last update before the release.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce you the official release date: 3 July 2015

I've also uploaded a new video:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/videos/3898/?

AI Overhaul project is compatible with my mod, but there is almost no interest to use both. My plugin will have priority over it, whatever your load order.

Here is a small comparison between these 2 mods:

• For now, my mod improves the AI of 574 NPCs (without counting the unofficial NPCs) while "AI Overhaul project" only edits 76 NPCs (mainly the NPCs living in Whiterun & Riverwood) and doesn't support the unofficial NPCs.
  • My mod improves the AI used by the NPCs when they are in combat while "AI Overhaul project" doesn't touch the AI used in combats.
  • With my mod, the citizens act differently when it's raining or when it's snowing, while with "AI Overhaul project" the NPCs act the same way whatever the weather.
  • My mod restores a lot of random conversations while "AI Overhaul project" doesn't.
  • "AI Overhaul project" doesn't have something comparable to my feature "Specific Behavior".
  • Contrary to "AI Overhaul project", my mod is compatible with almost everything, due to the fact that I use quest aliases to inject my AI, while "AI Overhaul project" edits the entries related to NPCs.