Creatures disappearing

Ninden

Hello,

My mod is all ready to be posted once this issue is fix but I cant figure out this problem, please help. :)

When I test my mod before finalizing the nav mesh all the creatures work fine. Once I finalize the nav mesh they no longer appear in the mod at all. I'm assuming they notice the doors leading outside once the nav mesh is finalized and are out roaming the wasteland. This is great for them but not so good for me haha.

I am 95% sure base model I used was a CrRadroach. I created a new Editor ID from this base creature then removed the old AI packages and created a new AI package (Patrol) from scratch. I then linked the creatures to XMarkerheading patrol points. To my knowledge this new AI package should tell the roachs to use the patrol points I setup for them in the cell they are in. I do not see anything that could link them to any other cell.

Another issue I was having before this problem was a NPC I also have in the zone kept trying to run after and attack these creatures. Even though the NPC has no line of sight of the creatures and isn't even close to them. I decided I will let this one issue go and just deal with it since I also have turrets that I want to attack the creatures and didn't want to mess with it. That is when I decided I am ready to finalize the nav mesh and this issue came up. The issue with creatures not appearing at all I don't want to let slide.

So I am at a loss on how to resolve this issue. Please help if you have any idea on what this could possibly be. I will give credit to whoever can figure this out for me.

Ninden

If you created your NavMesh from a top-down perspective (i.e. looking down from above), you may have inadvertently placed nav points outside of the tileset pieces. This could cause the creatures to spawn outside of any area normally viewable by the Player.

Yes, now that I think of it I remember several times right clicking to put a vertex down and them not appearing. So I find a spot to click that works... So there must be some loose ones floating around someplace out of view. Great thinking Vyper. Thank you very much. I will look into ASAP and let you know if that was the issue.

So I looked all over for any lost vertex points. I found one way in the middle of nowhere not even close to any of my meshes, I hate that heh. Unfortunately deleting it did not help with the mobs disappearing. I do really do appreciate your suggestion Vyper as it for sure could have been the cause and it started jogging my mind on what else the issue could be.

Sad to say I'm retarded and realized that I had at one point wanted to put the creatures on a spawn trigger so had the mobs marked "Initially Disabled" with no spawn triggers................ That was the problem.....

:wallbash: