Who's next to take our place?

Keanumoreira

You're not answering the question. How many toddlers have you seen do the same? But in addition, to what degree are toddlers better at things at abstract thought and planning compared to chimps, as in how do you measure that? So some complex tools can be made by toddlers and chimps can do some cool stuff too, but how much better are the toddlers? I'm not looking for a black and white answer, more of a quantification.

The last question: how do you prioritize all the different skills...are they all of equal weight? (Hypothetically, if A was only able do some abstract thinking and B was only capable of photographic memory, does that make them of equal intelligence?) How does anything there (in your quoted post) demonstrate measuring what is known as emotional intelligence? Overall, you give examples but do not elaborate on your point, which I am assuming is because toddlers are better at more things, it makes them more intelligent.

My main idea is that intelligence is a broad topic and is mysterious in many respects. It's more than what you describe, I think. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much theory behind it all. To say "genius" and "second most intelligent" on the bases you have here seems too simple.

I must have been vague. So forgive me for my ambiguity.

[EDIT]

Also, Keanu's right. It is impossible to compare the two.

Edited by AliasTheory

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic