hardcore

TheCalliton

I hope there is a H/C mode. finally i would be able to use the bread and cheese in my pockets for something more useful than a damn restore fatigue potion! :biggrin:

I think it would be a grand improvement. Bethesda have been going away from roleplaying aspects from TES III to IV, and I think they dearly need to compensate for this. More skill sets, more weapon/armor diversification, and the necessity to eat and drink.

I would also add crippling effects type damage in combat, with perhaps higher level restoration spells needed to heal crippled limbs.

More skill sets

what do you mean? like Two Worlds kinda style.

I think he means, like not just "blade" more like morrowind with short blade, long blade.

I just hope it has a MASSIVE stealth overhaul, i found stealth in oblivion really lacked quality and feeling. Just felt like you were to weak to fight head on. Archery also needs a massive overhaul. Hardcore would also hopefully affect these and all the combat qualities. Im also hoping for DEADLY sicknesses, not drain personality for 2 poitns :confused:

More skill sets

what do you mean? like Two Worlds kinda style.

I think he means, like not just "blade" more like morrowind with short blade, long blade.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

The one single overwhelming desire I see repeated in thread after thread is to take the substance of the game back to Morrowind levels and away from Oblivion's simplicity.

That, combined with juicing things (combat, magic, sneaking) up.

I truly hate the trend in the world that Dumbs Down things. :wallbash: