Is Skyrim the best choice for the next game?

XanAlderon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred location for the next game

Having the game take place in Skyrim might very well be a marketing decision. After all, what do you think the average (male) gamer would prefer; playing a game that takes place in a swamp populated by walking lizards or in a land populated by tall, blond warriors and ample-bosomed wenches? Oh yes, there will be blond Valkyries with huge knockers, mark my words. :|

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the game take place in Skyrim might very well be a marketing decision. After all, what do you think the average (male) gamer would prefer; playing a game that takes place in a swamp populated by walking lizards or in a land populated by tall, blond warriors and ample-bosomed wenches? Oh yes, there will be blond Valkyries with huge knockers, mark my words. :|

So true.

I personlly don't find anything wrong with buxom Valkyries or Vikings, in fact I love them both (though the Valkyries don't need to be buxom, just Valkyries), but it does seem a little predictable, doesn't it? :turned:

I'm sure they'll give it a very foresty, quasi-Middle Earthy feel...just when does the Hobbit come out, anyway? :rolleyes:

...hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Modders will make them anyway, appropriate or not. This community is driven by female obsession.

I was hoping for Summerset Isle, Elsweyr or Black Marsh myself. We had snowy nords in Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion, and again in Bruma. I really hoped for something different this time.

Agreed on all the above. The reason for the 'female obsession' is demographics. Gaming is still heavily dominated by the 14-34 male demographic, though obviously females have made huge incursions into this. It's to the point now where GIRL (Guy In Real Life) has nearly been declared a dead trope. Mind, I don't like it either. I wish more modders would produce strong female characters who actually look like they know which end of a sword to hold, and not a female body who has to push her boobs around in wheelbarrow!

Back on to the point, however, I am all for Summerset Isle. They opened up a fascinating can of worms with the rumor about Daedra worship becoming more prevalent there in Oblivion, then dropped the ball entirely. Elsweyr would have been great too. Khajiit are cool, and so are Argonians. It would have been an opportunity to explore barely-covered ground, but instead they go back to the same old familiar (and safe) ideas. Come on, Bethesda. Drop the cliches when you go to do TES VI.

would make a great expansion to see summerset ilse

Voted for Summerset Isle.

I wanna hang out with Altmer people. Maybe to meet the ancestors, as well. ;)

I think it's time for the Ayleids to repent for their sins, to come back in glory and style and to claim their rightful share of the Empire.I just... want to see that. Let's find out more about the ancient culture, why not?

And speaking of Altmers, we saw some evil about them in Oblivion, I didn't like that, it's boring to generalize a race like that. I am eager to learn more about their culture.

It would be a great addon to Skyrim, Nords are people of the nature as well, some magic to spice the whole thing wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

I wouldn't mind to see any province in the game, as long as I can witness that the Ayleids are walking proud again.

From snowy moutains, all the way to the beaches and woods, without hot wood elven girls chiche and charming dark elven assassin dudes. I wanna see this game brutaly honest, without stereotypes and all that.

Long live the Empire!

Moranda

My vote: Summerset.

I already made a post elsewhere stating how Bethesda seems to ignore the fact that there is indeed a southern part of Tamriel, that they themselves created :|

When the rumor was flying around that it was Summerset Isles I was happy with that because it would've been a mostly warm, Mediterranean climate with exotic flora and lots of water. That just sounds nicer to me than running around in Solstheim part deux. I'm pretty sure I'll like Skyrim, but I would've preferred something Southern, seeing as we had Bloodmoon with Morrowind. Given that, Skyrim seems a bit redundant to me.

Edited by Karasuman

...hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Modders will make them anyway, appropriate or not. This community is driven by female obsession.

Ah, but if you noticed, you have substantially aided in the deterrence of this female obsession by helping to make guys (and horses) something to look at, as well. Thank you, for working outside the norm. Back to the topic now, I still feel, marketing decision or not, that Blackmarsh could be widely expanded upon, whether in trade, lore, or aesthetics, and by that, I mean that if there is no Blackmarsh, I will quite likely muster up my friends and associates at my school, many of whom are adept 3D modelers, or graphics designers, or combinations, and have them work with Zazz-O-Matic and I (Oblivion modders currently working on a large new mod) to make it, and make things up as we go, though still base it heavily off of the small bits of known lore we have on Blackmarsh and Argonians. That never really ends well, when lore is made up by people other than Bethesda's writers. I WANT BLACKMARSH, I WILL GET BLACKMARSH!!! http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/verymad.gif

"Pyandonea is an island-continent located to the far southwest of Tamriel and home to the elusive Maormer. The island is covered mostly in rain forests which provides a habitat for the southern water spirits. Maormer practice a powerful form of snake magic and use it to tame the sea serpents of Pyandonea for use as mounts and warbeasts. King Orgnum, famous for his coffer, was from this land.The last contact with the continent was in 3E 110 during The War of The Isle, when the Altmer with the help of the Imperial Navy and the Psijic Order eventually vanquished the Pyandonean Armada. Another account credits a freak storm for the demise of the fleet."

This is the only known lore on Pyandonea. Now THAT needs expansion.