New files with Windows

TAS414

Okay, so I can't seem to create a new GECK file with Windows 7 for some reason. Is this just something special needs to be done or is there a problem w/ Windows 7 and the GECK? If you know what's wrong please respond!

Okay, so I can't seem to create a new GECK file with Windows 7 for some reason. Is this just something special needs to be done or is there a problem w/ Windows 7 and the GECK? If you know what's wrong please respond!

It's a problem with the Win 7 UAC. The UAC doesn't allow changes to anything in the Program Files directory. Installing FO3 to an alternate directory outside of Program Files (i.e. C:/Games/Fallout3) should fix the issue.

Recently got a new pc with windows 7 and had the same issues at first. If I remember correctly, going into properties and the compatibility tab, you should see a check-box at the bottom which gives the program administrator rights. This should allow it to make changes. I wouldn't bother putting it in a different directory, could be a huge pain in the arse and isn't necessary. Mine is in the default and works fine Edited by mutieblaster