Summoning creatures on kill -- scripting trouble

okokokok

So what im trying to do is to summon a ghost upon killing someone with a sword. The visuals and sounds are playing perfectly but the ghost is not spawning help me please.

its bound up to an enchantment.

scn GarthCurseSCRIPT ; The name

Ref TargetRef

begin ScriptEffectStart

Set TargetRef to GetSelf

if (TargetRef.GetDead == 1)

cast GarthCurseSPELL Player ; the spell excists in my cs, its a basic summon ghost spell.
PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectreanimate
    playsound "SPLConjurationHit"

endif

end

begin ScriptEffectFinish

StopMagicShaderVisuals effectreanimate

end

EDIT: look all i want to do is make my character cast a spell when i kill an npc, its that simple... i just dont know how to script all that well

Edited by okokokok

it seems it's the cast command. It forces a npc to cast a spell as s/he would do, so maybe if s/he's dead s/he can't cast spells. Also if that spell you've made it's a summon spell that target parameter seems unnecessary. Try creating a fake object with no mesh, place it above the corpse and make it casts the summon. I think I recall you can mess around with that fake caster's factions so you could control friendlyness of it's summon creatures.

Another way to have a ghost appear is to place it where you want it in the CS, make it a persistent reference with a REF ID, and initially disable it. Then in your scripting you can throw in a line like:

Begin OnDeath
    AAMyGhostyREF.enable
End

well, i was kinda thinking of having the ghost bound to the PC so the npc is not really not that important i would think. The killing of an npc is just the trigger, to fire a summon ghost spell, i want the ghost to act as if a normal summon ghost spell was cast. does that make sense?

BTW this is an enchantment meant to work all the time on every thing you kill. not just 1 particular senario.

well, i was kinda thinking of having the ghost bound to the PC so the npc is not really not that important i would think. The killing of an npc is just the trigger, to fire a summon ghost spell, i want the ghost to act as if a normal summon ghost spell was cast. does that make sense?

BTW this is an enchantment meant to work all the time on every thing you kill. not just 1 particular senario.

I think I understand, you're wanting this enchantment bound to the weapon? Like it's cursed or something?

Edited by lonewolf_kai

an easy way would be having only 1 spirit at a time, so you should simply track the game statistic that tells you how much people you've killed and when this value increases check for nearest actors, detect the dead one, enable the spirit wich was is a permanent ref that you created and that's been previously disabled, and place it above the corpse, then maybe add a timer and disable it again like it fades away or something. I'm sry I don't remember the exact commands (it's been a long time since last time I wrote a script for oblivion) but I guess you get the idea, it shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

good luck!