Will Oblivion run on Windows 7

glensh

Unfortunately, Windows (including WinXP, Vista and Win7) relies on the archaic Windows Registry to tell itself where to find programs and parts of programs. And it doesn't change some of the entries in the registry when you move a complex program from one location to another - So, It loses the information on where a program or certain parts of a program are stored. Sometimes moving works and sometimes it doesn't.

Here is the official steam post on moving it to a different location without losing anything or having to reinstall the games.

How to Move your Steam to another location Without having to reinstall anything.

https://support.stea...php?p_faqid=231

I just did this and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the info bben46!

• 1 year later...

BBen46

Thanks for your work and I like your little quote at the bottom, yes making mods work is painstaking. Once working one is very shy to do anything to upset the apple cart. I am just now downloading Oblivion as I enjoy Skyrim so much I thought I should go back in time and see Oblivion.

I have Win 7, i7 processor, SSD for win and programs but all data on a HD. So I will read this several times to make sure I get it right and then try. I am hopeful not to have to put in XP as a ghost system on its own partition.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@pieniadz9

Hey if i wanna install Goty edition (with official addons) do i just need to install it on games, etc??

Yes. Mine is installed to C:\Games\Oblivion.

i installed oblivion but there's no shivering isles and knights of the nine

Those are on the second disk - if you paid for this, and only got one disk, you got ripped off - or you paid for a bogus pirate version.

@pieniadz9

Hey if i wanna install Goty edition (with official addons) do i just need to install it on games, etc??

Yes. Mine is installed to C:\Games\Oblivion.

i installed oblivion but there's no shivering isles and knights of the nine

Those are on the second disk - if you paid for this, and only got one disk, you got ripped off - or you paid for a bogus pirate version.

No i just didnt played Oblivion for long. Thx man