Crash with new meshes

OrganicView

Hi there everybody !

First of all, I would apologize for my not so well english, I'm French.

I've followed that tutorial to make some head stuff fit with COTW heads : http://www.fallout3nexus.com/articles/article.php?id=283

I used an helmet from a mod which brings mass effect armors to the game. Following the tutorial, I resized the meshe, saved it and remplaced the original with th resized one. I launched the game, and tried to equip it, and FO3 crashes at this moment, everytime ( it is not a random crash ).

Maybe some of you had this problem and dicovered the solution ?

Thanks, and sorry for every mistake or syntax error I'd have made.

Hi there everybody !

First of all, I would apologize for my not so well english, I'm French.

I've followed that tutorial to make some head stuff fit with COTW heads : http://www.fallout3nexus.com/articles/article.php?id=283

I used an helmet from a mod which brings mass effect armors to the game. Following the tutorial, I resized the meshe, saved it and remplaced the original with th resized one. I launched the game, and tried to equip it, and FO3 crashes at this moment, everytime ( it is not a random crash ).

Maybe some of you had this problem and dicovered the solution ?

Thanks, and sorry for every mistake or syntax error I'd have made.

I guess that your nif file still has the head mesh obj in it. what the author meant is that you open up the nif once import the head mesh. then u scale the helmet mesh so its as big as the head. then you DONT SAVE THAT NIF leave nifskope open. open the helmet nif you want to change in another nifskope. now you have 2 nifskope instances with the same nif file opened. only one has a head mesh in it. The head mesh was just for a measuring tool to get the right change to scale. u have to make the same change to scale on the other nif.

Seems easier to just remove the head mesh you imported tho from the nif after your done changing the scale of the helmet. its what I would do instead.

After that tho u need to generate the egm file for your helmet to fit the head. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9360 grab the conformulator and follow the directions.

The egm file goes where the nif file is in your data folders. then u gotta set the egm flag for your helmet on the reference for your item in geck and use update facegen model availability for that.

hoap it helps u!

Hi!

I never made any conformulated helmets or that kind of thing that didnt already have a record for them so i didnt know this at the time.

If u do it in geck it will go through other records and toggle the flag. this can make other helmets and stuff stop working and thats bad!

So if u use fo3edit instead you can find the biped model section of the record and it says something like MODD - Facegen model flags.

And u can right click that and change it to 1 and also the thing for head underneath that.