Mod Administrative problems

treebie

OK so i have a couple of mods in .esp i think it is, and the all work fine. But i have a couple of mods in "oblivion mod" form and it has a little sheild next to the icon of the file. (which means i need to be admin to access or something like that) but the thing is i am the admin... i edited all the admin setting so i can do everything. (or so i thought) Can anyone help me fix this?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6186/modprob.png

Are you using Windows 7 or Vista? Did you install Oblivion to the default directory of Program Files? If you answered yes to to both then you are likely experiencing problems due to UAC, Windows security. Windows doesn't like it when an application, program, or even the user, attempts to alter files in a protected directory. UAC sees this a potential security threat and treats it as a malicious attack and blocks the action from happening. To prevent this you need to install Oblivion outside the jurisdiction of UAC, to an unprotected directory. A popular and suitable location is <drive letter>:\Games\Oblivion. For information on proper installation I suggest you follow Bben's Reinstall Procedure.

can you give me more specific directions because i moved it and now it wont execute and it says i need to reinstall it,

i have a 64-bit windows 7 btw if thats important

Click on the link in Smooth613's response to you that is named "Bben's Reinstall Procedure". That's where the very specific instructions are.