Using existing NV NPC assets to construct a "new" NPC?

NellSpeed

it's very much possible to recycle his lines

But not upload it, since it's DLC material, that's what I was meaning.

So long as you REQUIRE the DLC to be installed its fine to release it, just make your .esp/.esm require Dead Money. That way no one is getting the content without having bought DM.

But not upload it, since it's DLC material, that's what I was meaning.

So long as you REQUIRE the DLC to be installed its fine to release it, just make your .esp/.esm require Dead Money. That way no one is getting the content without having bought DM.

...what she said. :smile: I ended up PMing a mod to triple-check my understanding. As it turns out, extraction & editing are, as always, the easiest technical part.

(And, of course, not getting over-elaborate is the hardest planning part.)

I thought the point was not uploading assets from DLCs even if modified. A depency on itself means very little, especially when people are not going to use vanilla records

Then no one who made any body mods could ever convert any armors from any of those DLC? That does not seem right since Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FNV and Skyrim all have body mods that edit and convert the armor of DLC.

Tons of mods edit DLC content (retextures, races, ect) but they require you have those DLC.

True people can remove a .esp/.esm dependency on another .esp/.esm through means of FNVEdit but that is not the mod authors fault they are obeying the "law" by requiring it.

I thought the point was not uploading assets from DLCs even if modified. A depency on itself means very little, especially when people are not going to use vanilla records

I asked "Is it considered acceptable to use New Vegas assets in a New Vegas mod? Specifically, extracting sound files from a DLC to use to create a companion mod."

Mod response was as Nivea noted-- it's fine "as long as that DLC is also required for your mod."

Then no one who made any body mods could ever convert any armors from any of those DLC?

That was explained to me in a different way, that's why. Body armors for DLCs were made from scratch and textures (not included) were pointing to original DLC path. Considering how different these armors are, from what I see around, it makes sense to me.

This helps me a lot, I used many DLC assets I didn't release because I didn't want masters.

At this point, I guess you don't even need them as masters and you can simply start your mod ingame via script if they are in your Load Order, the effect would be the same.