Fallout 3 Day and Night Addiction

a531train

Hey bros, man, I have been a junkie addicted to this game. People say I don't look well w/ the little sleep I get. lol

Anyway, I got pissed when doing the quest for The Temple of the Union and a radscorpian killed caleb before I could talk to him and got a quest failed. What the ----?!

I didn't do a save and wanted to have another go at it.

Same damn thing happened earlier when I rescued Red and the boy from Big Town that were jailed in Germantown Police HQ, they got killed trying to bring them back to Big Town through the wastellands, another quest fail.

Damn, what a failurre I am!

Does this have to do w/ karma and possible taking too long to talk to the character as I was searching around for stuff on the way to talk to Caleb?

Peace!

Hey, thanks man, didn't know you could fast travel with others. Only reason I'm posting, I had to take a dump, otherwise I would still be playing. Self employed, so plenty of time to play.

Anyways, I can't get to the National Archives to get the Declaration of Independence. What the ----?! I use the marker and it tells me to go through L' Enfant and then South, I fast travel into South and bam, in the middle of a nest of mutants, kill them, then hear the drop craft for the Enclave soldiers, oh ----!

Then three or four drop and start shooting w/ plasma weapons, I get close but stimming up to stay alive, trying to hide behind a concrete barrier but not protecting me, man, I'm going fast, last idea, threw a couple of frag grenades and woiund two of the enclave, then ---- hits the fan. I didn't think about it but they were standing next to some cars, and there was huge secondary explosions that obliterated them.

Man was I excited! But was still behind my barrier but usually running to the dead bodies to get the goodies when bam! more explosions from the cars, glad I didn't go out.

But I keep loading up to my weight limit of 300 and fast travel back to Megaton, trade up, get more stims, hit my bed, go back out, but not getting any closer to the National Archives, time to go back!

Peace!

Yeah man, I had some read dreams from playing this so much, some trading going on and other stuff. lol

Edited by a531train

Well, calling it a day, made it to the National Archives, finished the quest with good karma, tons of ammo and other goodies, got leveled up to 18 on the finish of that quest, did this in a week and a half. Made a good call to take my rock it launcher with me, figuring there would be a lot of books in there, also using a lot of body parts. lol

Love the head shots using that weapon.

Peace!

a531, If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend the Fallout Wiki ( http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki ), which has useful stuff like descriptions and walkthroughs for all the quests.

Also has pages devoted to stuff like console commands, which can be extremely handy for "bringing back" those NPCs who get inconveniently dead through no fault of yours.

I know some purists hate this sort of thing, because they would much rather find out things for themselves or whatever. Which is fair enough - their games, their rules. Me, if things are going bad and I don't know what the hell to do, much rather look at the Wiki than spend a bunch of gamesaves endlessly bashing my head against a brick wall (so to speak).

Nice going with the Rock-It Launcher, by the way. Sicko, but effective. ;)

As far as I can tell , none of FO3's quests are actually "time critical" (at the simpler levels, at least). That is to say, you could get a quest that seems urgent (like the Germantown rescue), instead go off to visit Point Lookout or wherever, come back, and the Germantown quest will still waiting for you to complete. I prefer to do these things as they come up, if just because it makes more sense from a story-telling perspective, but this is handy to know.

Edited by 7thsealord

Personally when i first get a game, i like to play at least one character play through until i've ran out of things i can find on my own. Then it's time to start a new character and mod it to death and hit up the Wiki for all it's worth. Even with consulting the Wiki on a dozen characters, i'm still stumbling on new stuff.

Thanks bros, reps to you, up to level 19. I was able to get Fawkes as a companion on my Ranger quest and he really helped cover my backside.. Just two more quests, Galaxy Radio and the final one. But will look around some more.

Got my railway rifle and got ambushed by an Enclave officer, soldier and their battle bot. That rifle saved my ass.

I got bushwacked by a super mutant behemoth and kept getting killed until I accidentally found that he couldn't get me in a building and just sniped at him till he died.

Man, those talon dudes sure bushwhack you on a fast travel.

Peace!

Are you playing on normal difficulty or with any difficulty mods?

I don't mean to sound like i'm bragging but i was just talking to a friend the other day about how i can't remember the last time i died...this is why i started another character and he's 100% vanilla as far as weapons/armor go because i feel like maybe i took the challenge out of the game, but really it's like my characters all turn out to be Godlike. It must have something to do with the sneak/sniper build...your perception is so high that you know everyone is there before they see you, and you pop'em off before they get a single shot at you or if they do fire on you they're so far away that they miss. The only thing recently that gave me a scare was i fast traveled right into TWO deathclaws somehow and they put the hurt on me good...if it wasn't for a stealthboy i might have died on that one.

I know how do you feel, I'm addicted to Fallout as well, I played Fo1, Fo2, FoT:BoS, Fo:BoS (the worst of them) and Fo3, I do everything in the game, when there is nothing else to do I go face the boss.. then I start it all over again! RPGs are best game in the world! Edited by Xarn Venomclaw

Hey bros, back to some reality and then back to my fantasy reality, logged in over 100 hours in two weeks. I put the setting on easy as I'm not good at gaming and even at this level it is a challenge for me. I had to set Fawkes to ranging as I was depending on him too much and now facing the enemies on my own in the wasteland.

Seems like you're not bragging to me, nothing wrong feeling and being godlike in the game and real life.

I finished the game yesterday and before that got bored without any carrot before me to keep me going with leveling up, already at 20 at the time and thankfully Bethseda had Steel to atd 10 more levels.

Into the wee hours of the AM finished Tenpenny quest and blew my mind, it went in the opposite direction I was planning and am astounded how I pulled off getting the ghouls in when I was planning to have a treaty between the ghouls and Tenpenny residence. I had them all but one dick as my speech on that character was 61% and failed.

Gotta do some work then get back to gaming.

Going to collect some fingers when I get back.

Peace!