New Need help with modding

appeltje1988

Hi all I just started playing FO3 and i notice so many cool mods, so i wanted to mod my FO3.

After looking some mods out, i interested in the Shojo mod and the Children of the Wasteland- Enhanced Playable Children and Apocalypse Armory

(who wont like a kid using a uber big weapon lol) I have downloaded all the files i need but i get an error if i try and make an merge patch.

Can any one help me? or maybe i Installed to many mods... If some one can list me the Mods i need and the loading order of them it will be very appreciated.

I'll load here some screen shot of my FOMM so you can see what i have now. much thanks i have bin trying for a whole week now with out any success :( :wallbash:

here are the screen shots *note some mods i have rename them to make them easier for me to spot them if you need to know what they are ask*

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Appeltje1988/FOMM1.jpg

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Appeltje1988/FOMM2.jpg

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Appeltje1988/packagemanager.jpg

Much thanks !!! i hope some one can help me I'm lost :(

i'm pretty sure that you don't need to make a merged patch (as far as i know, at least)

but it's a really bad idea to rename plugins, especially if they are master files for other plugins (for instance, if you have the FWE esm file, and esp files, if you rename the esm file, the FWE esp plugins won't recognize the esm file, and won't work, at least as far as i can tell)

is the game running properly with this load order??

do you have any game problems??

I would also advise that if this is your first time at this you don't try to merge or alter anything; there are too many somewhat unpredictable variables involved in all of that. I recommend that you simply get the hang of how to install the mods properly and how to recognize if they are working in-game or causing problems. Once you get the hang of it you can then tinker around on your own and learn more. To simply download and install a mod from the Nexus you shouldn't need the GECK for anything.

i'm pretty sure that you don't need to make a merged patch (as far as i know, at least)

but it's a really bad idea to rename plugins, especially if they are master files for other plugins (for instance, if you have the FWE esm file, and esp files, if you rename the esm file, the FWE esp plugins won't recognize the esm file, and won't work, at least as far as i can tell)

is the game running properly with this load order??

do you have any game problems??

realy ? i follow the steps of the FOMM tutorial...and he says it's always need...and the FOIP list...says it needs...i haven't try to run the game yet...hmmm

I would also advise that if this is your first time at this you don't try to merge or alter anything; there are too many somewhat unpredictable variables involved in all of that. I recommend that you simply get the hang of how to install the mods properly and how to recognize if they are working in-game or causing problems. Once you get the hang of it you can then tinker around on your own and learn more. To simply download and install a mod from the Nexus you shouldn't need the GECK for anything.

ohh hmm i'll try to run the game with out...Merge patch....hmm i hope it wont damage my FO3 game...

Thank you both for quick reply

*EDIT*

Oke i have tried to run my game...it crashed....i think i need a merge patch....

*Edit* and by renaming the mods i simply mean i made an folder and put the mod (unchanged inside)

*Edit* afther looking over some files i see i missed one .esm i disable it...now i can make an merge patch so and i can play the game!! weee SHOJO!!

Edited by appeltje1988