CTD on changing upper body armor/clothing

are you trying to change to a specific item, or does it CTD no matter which item you are trying to switch to??

also, are you sure that the retextures are installed properly??

and i would assume that there are no plugins (esp or esm files) for these armors, as they are just retextures

so this probably isn't a load order problem

also, have you had any other CTDs doing specific actions?? or just after switching armors??

wait, so when has the problem started to occur??

because from what you said, for a week there were no problems, and now there are??

or did you mean that for a week you had the same problem, but just this one??

there is one thing that i would like you to check, if you wouldn't mind

go into the game, load your save, but instead of trying to switch armors, try to just unequip your current armor\clothing

if this doesn't cause a CTD, try to also equip another armor\clothing, and see if this works

basically, i need to know which part causes the crashes

one thing, though

after you unequip your armor, close your inventory, and then open it again and try to equip another armor

try this, and tell me the results

have you installed anything last night, or in the time before you last played the game?? (basically, since the game last worked fine, until now, have you installed any mod or something??)

do you have a save before wearing this specific armor\clothing??

because it could be that this item is causing the problem, but it's not certain

try to load a previous save, and see if removing a different item works, or makes a CTD

I installed more animals, pack guars, and farm animals of cyrodiil. They all loaded without a problem, but I don't think those should conflict with armors. I messed around with oblivion.ini as well. Here's what I edited;

bFixFaceNormals=1

bEquippedTorchesCastShadows=1

iShadowMapResolution=512

bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=1

bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=1

bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=1

bUseWaterReflectionsActors=1

bUseWaterReflections=1

bGrassPointLighting=1

bDrawShaderGrass=1

Those are the only changes I remember. The problem became apparent after I looted and equipped a chainmail cuirass (i had been using huntsman vest until that point), but, as mentioned, it affects all upper body armor. It happens around 99% of the time when I try to equip/unequip armor. Occasionally it works.

so this isn't just with the chainmail armor??

does it only happen with retextured armors, or with others as well??

i really can't think of a problem here, and i really don't know what to tell you.......

i'm not really sure how to check for conflicts with Oblivion (have done it in both the Fallout games, but not really sure about Oblivion, because i haven't used the tools for Oblivion)

and i really have no idea what could be causing this problem

it doesn't sound like anything that i've encountered