NifSkope Scene Root Problem

Billtcm

Hey everyone first post and first attempt at trying to get a model in game.

To make a long story short, I model in 3ds max 2010 but use blender and gimp for dds/nif b/c of the issues with the 64bit version(yes I know about the 32 bit fixes but I can't figure it out). Anyhow I'm completely unfamiliar with blender so I basically just load my .3ds into it and immediately export as a .nif. Then when I get into nifskope my visor model seems to have an anchor point or RootNode that's extremely far away. It's basically impossible to rotate the model at any particular angle(which would come in handy since it's a headgear model) and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this/where I messed up in the process to have created this problem.

Thanks for your time, hope someone can help me.

Hi!

I never did any helmets before. but i did edit my headmesh before but anyway. I think that you need to position your object onto the global xyz000 before exporting it.

goto edit mod and select the vertices and hit shift s to snap your 3d cursor to the selection. then go into object mode and click the center cursor button on the mesh panel of the editing tab. (buttons window)

Then hit n to bring up the transform properties window. there you can set the location to xyz000.

Hi!

I never did any helmets before. but i did edit my headmesh before but anyway. I think that you need to position your object onto the global xyz000 before exporting it.

goto edit mod and select the vertices and hit shift s to snap your 3d cursor to the selection. then go into object mode and click the center cursor button on the mesh panel of the editing tab. (buttons window)

Then hit n to bring up the transform properties window. there you can set the location to xyz000.

Much appreciated Baduk that did it, now I just have to figure out the rest of the process lol.

ok well u gotta download the conformulator.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9360

This great program is gona make it so your helmet mesh changes shape to fit your characters head cause they can change shape with facegen morphing.

Need to export the helmet mesh as obj. can use nifskope to do that from your exported helmet nif.

then select that obj and the tri file for the headmesh and then it will generate the egm file that you just put it in the folder along with your nif.

Oh yeah and in geck you gotta use update facegen availability command to set the flag that your nif is using an egm file.

Edited by baduk