Can a Quest Script...?

BlackCompany

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, my apologies. I had a couple of questions, and days on the Wiki have offered no answers. So, can a quest script:

-Alter the Timescale in game, and then change it back again?

-Repeatedly stop and start other quests using the Start/Stopquest commands?

-Cast effects on the player using CIOS (Cast Immediate on Self?)

That's really about it. Common sense tells me quest scripts should be able to do these things. Some testing, however, tells me I might be wrong. Any clarification would help immensely.

Also, if anyone is aware of "if conditions" which quest scripts simply refuse to recognize I would appreciate a heads-up on this. Most especially: ismoving, and if conditions based on time of day are helpful in the extreme. Thanks everyone.

If you could post a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to suggest ways to implement. I am not sure, for example, why you would want to start or stop a quest more than once, or change the timescale without the user requesting it. You can certainly use cios. If you have conditions that don't appear to be triggering, it may be that the script itself is not triggering, or not triggering when you expect, or often enough.

If you could post a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to suggest ways to implement. I am not sure, for example, why you would want to start or stop a quest more than once, or change the timescale without the user requesting it. You can certainly use cios. If you have conditions that don't appear to be triggering, it may be that the script itself is not triggering, or not triggering when you expect, or often enough.

changing timescale and casting effects definitely, io use those all the time. not sure about the second one, i haven't experimented with quest scripting yet.