Using MO, do I have to use FOMM?

ntblood

I've seem MO pitched as being used for FNV and read about people using it. Thing is that MMoX Review in a recent video said in passing that you still have to use FOMM for some mods and I'm not clear on reading other people's posts about how they use MO. I've been using it so far with some results though I wanted to know from people who have done it.

Thanks

You need to keep in mind that almost all of FNV and FO3 mods where made BEFORE MO, as such some of them rely on FOMM installer. I do not know if MO installs FOMM mods exactly as they need to be or not, I do know that people are extremely confused and people are complaining that MO is not install some of my mods correctly (they do not even need FOMM).

So personally I would go with the modding tools that are known to work, FOMM and Wrye Flash. If people do choose to use MO do not expect a ton of fixes or help from the modders when MO does not work with their mod.

wow, dose of reality. I guess you're right though I'd hoped for an idea of how to best mod with MO mo (MO alone or with FOMM installing a few mods) I installed a few basic mods manually after watching the beginning of Gopher's MO FNV video guide. I don't think I can take his style of video and didn't learn that much from what I recollect. Maybe I'll give it another chance and take another look at it. Actually, this video guide by Dirty Weasel seems pretty good but probably covers a lot of what I already know,