No gamebryo in TESV = Bad for modding

AcesTranquility

I don't see this as a bad thing.. It only took me about a week to learn the Gamebryo's CS.

Every time I used it I felt limited, there was just not enough things I could to with the Construction Set.

Hopefully this would change that and I'm sure Bethesda has thought hard about this.

Maybe a new engine will be the shot in the arm NV missed. I think a new engine will drive imagination and new mods and ways of doing things will result. And hopefully, this new engine will address the horrible skeleton rigging we've had to endure so far.

I just hope they keep the same scripting language more or less. :P

Yeah, that is my biggest concerns... I'm not great with the language GameBryo is using, but I know it, and I can use it - I'd hate to be having to learn a new one. But at the same time, it could be good, giving us new possibilities and such. :)

The engine is really outdated. Just compare how it looks with rather new games (or rather old, like Crysis, haha).

I think the worst possible reason to keep hold to an old, really bad-looking (compared to newer ones), buggy with bad performance engine, just so that fans could make mods easier. It may sound harsh, but it's the truth.

With Fallout NV, I noticed a lot of people commenting on the youtube previews about the bad, outdated graphics.

New and much better possibilies of engines are open for Skyrim. I really see no good reason not to use them. Astonashing graphics from a new engine, combined with Bethesda's well-known superpower for creating great atmosphere in the games, is a dangerous combination.

I'm guessing the scripting language will be similar to the old engine none the less. And if its not, it will be easy enough learning the new one, because scripting really isn't that hard. Its only hard if you believe it is.

Yeah, Scripting Language is just like ordinary language - if you are inspired to learn, it will go smooth (mostly), but if your uninspired, it will be a long and tedious path. :)

And hopefully, this new engine will address the horrible skeleton rigging we've had to endure so far.

OH YES PLEASE!

And hopefully the new skeletons will actually have face bones, that way, custom races can REALLY be custom!