Installation failed: file error.

MoDqUeen

I just just bought Dragon Age yesterday but the game has been unable to install due to a corrupted file in the vo_english.rar file. More specifically the cir300 file, however it corrupts the whole .rar. If anyone can help me bypass or fix this problem I’ll be eternally grateful.

PS: I’ve already tried the Data Execution Prevention method that I found else ware but to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

Ok. ("original" just to distinguish that version from the other two possibilites.)

So, if you haven't done so already, a full un-install/re-install cycle is probably in order. If THAT doesn't clear the problem, then you may be one of the very tiny % of people who get a bad copy of a mass-produced disc. Haven't heard of that happening with Dragon Age, but it's always possible... :confused:

I dont even get as far as starting the game unfortunately, it dosnt even install which is the problem. Ive heard quite a few other people have proplems with the vo_english.rar buuut havn't been able to find anything on it strangely enough. I guess its a possibility.... ill try getting the disk swapped out but i'll be seriously dissappointed if it happens again, oh well, here's hoping it dosn't and the store takes it back. But thank you for the reply