Fallout 3 creatures with textures in FNV

NDDragor

Hi, whenever I place Mirelurks or Troggs in my Fallout NV Geck they have random textures , same in game. I searched for the textures in the Fallout 3 folder and extracted them in my FNV directory but that didn't worked. I have imported static objects from Fallout 3 into NV and that worked, but I haven't done it with creatures. Does somebody knows how to properly make Mirelurks or Troggs work, with correct textures in Fallout NV?

Were you planning on using them for a mod? If so you won't be able to port the textures from F3 to NV or vice versa. While it's the same engine and both games have the same publisher porting assets between them isn't allowed as it violates the EULA.

Okey, but the creatures are already in the fallout NV Geck with everything they need to work properly, except the correct textures. So is there another way to give them the missing textures without importing from Fallout 3?

I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to use altered Mirelurk textures. Not just a couple of minor edits that are barely noticable but more of entire re-texture. The only mod I know of that has a few Mirelurk re-textures are from Mart's Mutant Mod. Of course you'd have to get permission to use those textures and again I'm not 100% sure you can use them in New Vegas.