Dialogue: Choices unavailable

Basically, I am trying to get some npc dialogue to work, and from the main topic there should be three options: Yes, No, and Not enough money.

All of them use a GetFaction Magesguild condition w/o the "on target" flag, two use a GetMoney condition on target, and there are two versions for each of the three choices.

These alternates also use a GetFaction Magesguild condition on target, so what I'm aiming for is a three-choice topic, which changes responses depending on your rank (or non-rank) in the mages guild.

As it is however, only the original topic and one choice, "No", (which only has the GetFaction non-target condition), is displayed.

I have other, similar, faction-based dialogue that works just fine in the same game, and can't seem to figure out what's holding this up. I've checked and rechecked for any slight overlooks, (like having the GetGold condition set to 5000 instead of 500), but all of the conditions are consistent, and I went so far as to delete those already in place and copy/paste the ones in the original topic that I know to work. Again, no luck.

Anyone have some insight?

I have not heard of those conditions you are using. "GetGold", "GetMoney", "GetFaction." If the program will let you use them, then chances are they are inoperative dead code that Bethesda forgot to remove.

So it would be better to use the regular conditions like:

GetPCInFaction MagesGuild == 1 AND

(Run on Target) GetItemCount Gold001 >= 500 AND

"GetMoney"

GetPCInFaction MagesGuild == 1 AND

(Run on Target) GetItemCount Gold001 >= 500 AND

Euch, my bad, the two conditions I'm using are "GetGold" and "GetFactionRank".

Strangely enough, it seems to have started working again after deleting the conditions, saving the mod, going in-game, and then adding the conditions back again.

Here's a relevant pic.

Since I have a thread open though, I've been poking around in this old mod of mine and have found a few potential logic errors.

You may be able to see, I have all the alternate responses in the same "choice", and I'm wondering how the game selects between multiple, applicable choices? I added in the GetFactionRank Magesguild < 3.00 so as to seperate the two I was working on and help along it's logic, so I'm wondering if I need to do that for any choices that could both apply.

Such as

Version 1:

Derpaherp I hate you

GetFactionRank >= 3 AND

OTGetGold >= 100 AND

Version 2:

Later pal!

GetFactionRank >=3 AND

OTGetFactionRank >=3 AND

OTGetGold >= 100

So, when the conditions for both are met, which does it choose?

Version 1:

Derpaherp I hate you

GetFactionRank >= 3 AND

OTGetGold >= 100 AND

Version 2:

Later pal!

GetFactionRank >=3 AND

OTGetFactionRank >=3 AND

OTGetGold >= 100

So, when the conditions for both are met, which does it choose?

Version 1 should show. As far as I've ever been able to tell, the game works from the top down, and will choose the first option with all criteria met (sort of the way that expressions are evaluated)... unless "random" is checked for both versions, in which case it just decides one-- well, randomly.

Version 1 should show. As far as I've ever been able to tell, the game works from the top down, and will choose the first option with all criteria met (sort of the way that expressions are evaluated)... unless "random" is checked for both versions, in which case it just decides one-- well, randomly.

Good to know, thanks for the reply.