Flickering Weapon textures.

drailnecross

Upon obtaining and equipping a standard FOOK2 mpl-p2 plasma rifle, the rifle's outer texture started randomly flickering between the texture set for a microfusion cell, grayish-industrial, tan and the actual weapon texture. Does anybody know how to go about fixing this? I am pretty sure that it is linked to the texture sets for the rifle, as the two most common are the gray and the microfusion cell. Edited by drailnecross

I dono what your problem is on there.

You get the chameleon texture normally when the game cant locate the actual texture for your item.

Maybe it just seems to be the actual texture that u see but it really isnt.

You should make sure that its the right texture.

Open it up in nifskope and look.

Use the little flowery things to select the correct texture for each of the nitristrips.

Under the nitristrips block there is one called bssshaderpplightingproperty and click on bsshadertextureset under that to find em.

dont forget to find the other nitristrip blocks for the reloading animated parts cause those are inside children ninodes.

If that doesnt work then compare the nif to other weapon nifs and see if there is a difference. check the shader flags,

Maybe throw it on the ground, look at it in 3rd person. i dunno. hope it help u.