What have I done now !!!

ell46

I had that problem with a new game the other day, but when I started to uninstall mods, the thought of picking up where I left off didn't appeal.

I decided to do some serious house keeping and instead of having some mods installed by copying and pasting and others installed via DAModManager, I installed almost all with DAMM, but didn't enable any of them. When I had finished I only enabled mods I would need to start a new game like Hair and Face mods I always use Pineappletree eyes but this time I decided to add Biddels Cosmetics. When I clicked on New Game it stopped working and I got some stupid Windows error message saying something about looking for the cause of the problem,,, as if.

It turned out to be the Biddels Cosmetics, so I re-read the install instructions redid it but the same thing happened so basically I thought sod it and decided to play with out it and contact the author to see if they can advise. It seems like a normal install "unzip too" usual folder, I'm sure it's something stupid I've done or not done.

I decided to start a new game, after all the palaver with my previous game, I couldn't get back the mood for that, so decided to start another new one can come back to that another time.

When I clicked on New Game, it crashed and shut down. It turned out to be the Biddels Cosmetics mod . I re-read the install instructions redid it to be on the safe side, but the same thing happened so basically I thought sod it and decided to play with out it and contact the author to see if they can advise. It seems like a normal install "unzip too" usual folder, I'm sure it's something stupid I've done or not done.

Edited by ell46

The game crash because it could not find the mop listed under chargenmorphcfg.xml in your override folder. Locate and edit your chargenmorphcfg.xml. Find any MOP files you have and compare that in your chargenmorphcfg.xml's entries under <Head> section. Delete those entries that refer to the mops that you don't have. These are the culprits. If you have more than 1 chargenmorphcfg.xml files, delete them all. You only need one. Edited by sacredtrojanblade

The game crash because it could not find the mop listed under chargenmorphcfg.xml in your override folder. Locate and edit your chargenmorphcfg.xml. Find any MOP files you have and compare that in your chargenmorphcfg.xml's entries under <Head> section. Delete those entries that refer to the mops that you don't have. These are the culprits. If you have more than 1 chargenmorphcfg.xml files, delete them all. You only need one.

I did run Chargen Morph Compiler and it didn't find any problems, or doesn't it do what you said? :confused:

@Ell; I have both PinappleTree's Vibrant Colours, and Bidelle's Cosmetics (and More Hairstyles, and Tucked Hair, and LOTC's Lashes, and CC's Tints and Tones, and... Well you get the idea!) TerraEx's CharGenMorph Compiler worked very well for me to consolidate all the various entries for the chargenmorphcfg.xml file, but getting things to work did require some cleanup of stray bits that had been created in my folders before I figured-out what "right" was supposed to look like. :laugh:

Umm, I get the idea, but all I had installed was the Official DLC, PT's eyes and Biddels nothing else, not much to sort out I would have thought. For someone with the patience of a saint or so I've been told, some things I do not have patience for, as they say 'lifes too short for stuffing mushrooms' and in this case faffing about with pretty mods :laugh: :laugh:

I've always been quite happy with the game presets for everything but the eyes which were always black for me so that was never an issue and it's still a novelty, after nothing but black for 10 months I still love looking at people eyes.

I've now got a problem with my extra dog slot, so I'm taking reinstalling my other mods slowly and only one at a time as required in the hope I can find out what's causing that. I get an error message when I load a game saying if I die so does my dog, that's a new one on me, never had it before, so I uninstalled everything not required at this point in time.

I get an error message when I load a game saying if I die so does my dog, that's a new one on me, never had it before, so I uninstalled everything not required at this point in time.

That is not an error message. If you (the PC) die while the extra dog slot is in use, dog dies with you (in DA die means unconscious unless the whole party dies in which case you die, dog dies, everybody dies - Game Over or reload last save.)