Companion quest

Ref92

Since there are so many shape shifting mods, that allow you to turn into dragon, I wondered why hasn't anyone got to make a dragon follower. I have a couple of thoughts for this case, maybe even a little side quest for acquiring. Here is what I came up with (a word of warning-I know very little of fantasy worlds since I always preferred a good old assault rifle and a few grenades to all this magic mumbo jumbo, so please dont be too harsh on me if I fall out of the lore)

Upon leaving Lothering and first visiting a party camp, main character finds a new NPC - a sort of kinolog (or whatever this person is called in English. A man, who's work is to watch over dogs) After a short introduction (maybe even assisting this man in the same battle we save Bohdan) he offers grey warden his help. At this point, should warden accept this offer, a ranger specialization is unlocked. Having completed one main quest, warden can initiate another dialog with kinolog, possibly questioning him about his getting along with animals. At some point, kinolog should mention that most of his knowledge is from books, and engage into telling warden about griffons. Main character then remarks that having such a pet on their side could significantly affect morale of any friendlies. That is where NPC mentions a possibility to tame dragon (or capture an egg of the one, cant really tell). Actually, from here on there are two paths I see quest going. One of those is taming a drake, another is growing him. I could not think of any better way of taming a creature in RPG, than to have NPC give you new quest in some location, where you will have to fight boss drake, after what kinolog shall tame him. That is actually it. Growing one... I can't say I know how to fit this in story line, since it would take quite some time. Yet it seems more realistic. Hell, just feed him with steroids!)

I have a couple of other ideas, but I think I will try to do those on my own.

Oh, and please-dragons with wings in game look like giant lizards, so I d rather see a drake as a companion.

Just finished the mod. People really did quite an impressive work with voicing characters, can't but admit. Though a little question, not as dumb (I hope) has aroused. The first character seemed quite inadequate-in all means. The question is-how can he be removed from game after having hired the second follower from the mod? (killed, cut out, etc) Or how can I see to adjusting mod files in DAToolset? Sure thing, for personal use only.

The first companion? Which one is first? It depends on where you go first but in any case the only way I can see to be rid of either is to excise them from the save which unfortunately after playing Dark Times is now to large to open. If you really don't want them as part of your party, I suggest you get a nice morph and leave them in camp as window dressing. I made An Alternative Thazulok morph; I didn't see much wrong with Myrdo. Edited by RustyBlade