Female GW's

ell46

When you play a female character when does someone actually specifically tell you that you can't have children? My memory always seems to be when you get the Royal elbow? Although I mainly play a HNF, I always have this underlying feeling of resentment toward Duncan and that no one tells you this minor fact, Alistair tells you about dreams and the calling.

No, there is no such explict declaration. Nor do I believe that the writers intended there to be any such blanket prohibition. There is only Alistair's vague mumblings that if "one parent is already tainted, it's a problem. If both are Grey Wardens..." and he shakes his head. The implications are that the chances of becoming pregnant and successfully carrying a child to term would be... significantly reduced.

No, there is no such explict declaration. Nor do I believe that the writes intended there to be any such blanket prohibition. There is only Alistair's vague mumblings that if "one parent is already tainted, it's a problem. If both are Grey Wardens..." and he shakes his head. The implications are that the chances of becoming pregnant and successfully carrying a child to term would be... significantly reduced.

That's what I thought, there isn't any specific reference to that, if it where impossible then he could tell you when you ask all those questions about the GWs at the start of the game, seems to me like he is just assuming.

Ugh!!! how does this damned multi quote work???

Rusty don't say any more, I'm reading the book :laugh: :laugh:

So what's everyone drinking tonight then? Black tea is better with a slice of lemon, but it has to be good tea and rum goes nicely with coffee, especially in this freezing weather.

So what's everyone drinking tonight then? Black tea is better with a slice of lemon, but it has to be good tea and rum goes nicely with coffee, especially in this freezing weather.

I never bother with the multi-quote function, it's a bit buggy. Usually I answer one post but instead of posting, I select all and copy then go back and reply to the second and paste in what I copied.

Ok, no more book spoilers.

Captain and coffee is like rocket fuel - very dangerous; you can get mighty drunk before you actually feel it but it is quite tasty. Tonight it will be Captain and Ginger Ale; no caffeine so I don't drink as much http://www.miccofl.net/Smileys/143.gif

MULTIQUOTE IN ACTON!

Clicked on the "Multiquote" button for each one I wanted to include, then clicked on "Add Reply".

Here's the first posting that I selected with Multiquote. (Note that it already had another quoted entry embedded within it -- no problem.)

I never bother with the multi-quote function, it's a bit buggy. Usually I answer one post but instead of posting, I select all and copy then go back and reply to the second and paste in what I copied.

Ok, no more book spoilers.

Captain and coffee is like rocket fuel - very dangerous; you can get mighty drunk before you actually feel it but it is quite tasty. Tonight it will be Captain and Ginger Ale; no caffeine so I don't drink as much http://www.miccofl.net/Smileys/143.gif

Got taken directly into the "Edit Posting" screen, with the items already in the post and the [ / quote ] tag marked the point at which the first item ended. So I just added this text.

:laugh: that's how I've been using the multiquote, glad I'm not alone.

Rum and ginger, never tried that combo ginger goes nice with brandy but can be a bit deadly.

And here's more text I added at the end. Seemed pretty straight forward, and worked exactly as expected. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

If it implies if you're a grey warden that you can't have children, then magic or not, you or someone can have a child with Morrigan.

Maybe he implies complications for a child born with the taint. Like the child could be sick? Something like that.