fairly new

t0mm06

hi guys i've had dragon age for about two months now and got into modding about a month ago and when i first looked i saw this set of armour re-tints that change the coulour of dragon bone and red steel etc but i didnt download it (dont know why i didnt) but im really trying to find it now and cant seem to find it anywhere, dont suppose i can get any help?

thanks in advance

Welcome t0mm! You might be looking for: "Universal Dye Kit".

*** CAUTION! *** If you use this and then ever want to play with this mod REMOVED, you have to remember to return any items to their original state before uninstalling. Otherwise you may lose those items completely. (Speaking from experience... :whistling: )

• 3 weeks later...

glad to help out :)

And yeah, grabbing them now, and maybe installing them later is NOT a bad idea at all. Sometimes modders leave and ask their mods to be taken down. Or even worse, every now and then something might get lost in a server upgrade :( Fortunately, Robin doesnt update the hardware very often ;)

But yeah, not a bad idea at all ;)

Happy gaming! :)

yeh i had to re-install the entire game after my hardrive failed and i was so happy i could come here and find them again quick snap!.

New question though, are there any good place/mod that are just like commoner clothing? because i want to do a play through where i just use mods that i can claim in game later (like the armour of the devout taht you can choose to find in a chest in the urn of adrasta) and armour you buy, but from when flemth saves you i want to be just wearing commoner clothing with really basic swords and no money, and make it though like i have to build it up again.

so yeh any good commoner clothing mods?

Oh that really sucks, I know that a hdd failure can really make a mess of things for a person :( But I'm glad to hear that you recovered from it well. At least gamewise :D

Kudos given for wanting to roleplay it out :D

The only really simple mod that I know of to do what you're wanting would be the Winter Forge mod. Where you could craft the clothes yourself.

However, unfortunately (at least with the older version of it that I'm playing) you cant access the forge until after you've visited Camp from Lothering. So that would come too late in the game for what you are wanting. :(

Are you jsut wanting commoner clothing to wear, without any bonuses, or wanting clothing that is actually "effective"?

If you are looking for the latter, I might recommend leaving the clothing alone, and using enhancement jewelry instead, as a compromise. That way you still have bonuses and whatnot, but still look like you're starting all over from scratch.

plainjane clothing would be easy to add in with a console runscript script. the rings, belts and necklaces would be easy to do as well (I've whipped those up in about 10 minutes or less in the toolset) as well as the console command to add them. The only real chore is locating the filenames for the clothes, unless they are custom made in the toolset.

Like I said, this would actually be pretty easy to do. Just timing it out to add them in and then equipping them on the toon before that big attack on the tower would be a timing thing for you as the player. UNfortunately, I'm really trying to play catch up on a lot of things (been out of town since last thursday) and am planning to go out of town again, until early next week again tonight.

The whole thing with not having any money tho... thats gonna be a tough one. You can either figure out how to remove all your cash with a savegame edit in the toolset, or use a (serious!!) cheat mod like beguiler to remove money. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=205 (Very strongly recommend making a clean savegame for safety, just in case, if you take that route). sometimes you take too much and if you go too far down the game won't handle your money correctly.

Ha yeh, re-downloading Dragona ge was like the first thing i did when i goot my laptop back and working... even b4 re-installing the software i need to use on my university degree... maybe not the most sensible course.

but yeh i've looked for the console commands and cant seem to find them, and i plan on just using the basic clothing to add a bit more of a challenge for me.

Thansk for the reply tho, i've heard a few times about this winter forge tho so i may have to have a look.

hahaha well, what can I say. Some of us really are addicted to our games :D

But yeah, just dont let them get in the way of your studies ;)

The console command is really easy to create, you just have to know what the names of the items are. And of course you actually have to get the toolset to actually WORK. :mad:

Here's one that I just now whipped up to add BloodDragon Armor into the players inventory-

#include "utility_h"

void main()
{
   UT_AddItemToInventory(R"prm000im_dragon_blood_boots.uti", 1);
   UT_AddItemToInventory(R"prm000im_dragon_blood_glove.uti", 1);
   UT_AddItemToInventory(R"prm000im_dragon_blood_helm.uti", 1);
   UT_AddItemToInventory(R"prm000im_dragon_blood_plate.uti", 1);
}

If you have the toolset and can make it work, just click on file then new. window pops up, name it something that you can remember or is easy for you to type, such as "add_clothes" or w/e.

a notepad+ style window opens up and then you just CnP (copy and paste) the script into the window. Change the filenames from "prm000im_dragon_blood_boots.uti" to "nameoftheclothing.uti" and then go to file/save.

then go to tools, click on compile, and the TS will compile the scripts to make sure there are no errors. If there's errors you gotta do a lookover on the code to see where you goofed.

If you want more clothes you just add in more lines like

UT_AddItemToInventory(R"prm000im_dragon_blood_helm.uti", 1);

UT stands for Utility. Meaning that it has to do something. _AdditemToInventory is telling it what to do. "blahblahblah.uti" is telling it what to add. and 1); is telling it how many to add. You have to have a seperate line for each item, tho if you want more than one of that item, just replace the 1 with a 3, 4, 5 or however many you want.

Once you have that successfully compiled, you go over to the scripts icon, and do a search for the name of the script you just made. finding it, you right click on the name of it, and choose export without dependancies. And the box at the bottom will tell you where it exported it to. You go into that folder C:\Users\"name'\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player\override\toolsetexport

and then cut and paste it into documents/bioware/dragon age/packages/core/override.

IF you are making custom items as well, after you save them as a .uti file from file/save, then you also have to look them up under the Items icon, and then do the same as you did with the script for moving them from the toolsetexport folder into your override folder.

Its actually really easy, it just takes some time. And I'm very unsure if I'll have the time to get to it tonight before I have to leave for the weekend.

Edited by DarkeWolf