VATS melee, anyone?

WizardOfAtlantis

I would like a system similar to that one, where you can slow down time, mark several targets, over the same thing/person or over different ones, and then let your character execute the attacks.

That's kind of the combination I would enjoy seeing, kind of a cross between VATS and Bullet Time. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

In FO3 and FONV, I usually just aim with a sniper and shoot. VATS accuracy fails horribly. I can hit a head with sniper, no VATS, but when I try WITH VATS it misses. Every time. Thus, I say to VATS, "You are the worst thing to happen to any game."

Vats isn't made to shoot targets at great distance, it's just for those situations when you find yourself over-run with enemies all out of sudden and at close distance, that's why pistols and smgs have such a low AP consumption while must rifles won't make more than one or two shoots out of all your action points.

It still fails when I'm up close, which I then switch to a Super Sledge. Constant vigilance, my friends.

Not VATS itself, of course. What I'm talking about is the idea of being able to program in specific-location hits in sequence, to one or more adversaries at the same time. And it doesn't need to be a complete time-stop, either. A slow-down effect like Bullet Time would be more than welcome...and personally, more than enough. I don't really use VATS that much, whereas I love using Bullet Time. BT is how this kind of thing works in reality, anyway, when you're in the perceptual time dance. :thumbsup:

Have anyone played Red dead revolver redemption? I would like a system similar to that one, where you can slow down time, mark several targets, over the same thing/person or over different ones, and then let your character execute the attacks. And in my opinion how much time you have to aim and how many marks you can tag should depend on your stats and skills.

you're also forgetting that upon entering red dead mode you cant be killed. red dead mode saved my ass everytime i faced a mountain lion because. red dead mode is the same as vats but it doesnt stop the game, just slows it down without the slo-mo kill shots. so i still stick with what i said before. make combat better and make it all real-time

off topic but Red dead revolver redemption is game of the year and the best western game ever made. also have one the best story's ever put in a video game with one of the deepest and most interesting main character ever. a masterpiece.