Do video games make children violent?

Keanumoreira

Do video games make children violent?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do they?

My two cents.

No it doesn't.

I've played Violent videogames since I was 7 years old when I got my hands on A copy of Mortal Kombat II.

Playing violent videogames disperses my agression into the game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly but when it comes to television shows kids get violent unless the shows are mature like anime... and nobody needs a remake of the crap shows that are on currently as anime... NO! We need based lines of the old anime we used to watch that was not to long ago... probably around before katrina?? or the events with ground zero? or the oil spill happenings?? thats about right yeh...

The tendency that a child will become violent and problematic at a certain age depends on the environment where it lives.

Potentially, every child could turn violent, the problem lies somewhere deeper inside and though it seems hard to root it completely out.

Another thing is that humantity itself is a violent barbaric race (wich we have whitnessed many times throughout history, and still further counting as one).

Do video games make children violent? Yes and no!

Like i mentioned before, the environment is a huge factor here, not to mention the genes (we can hardly change that part of ourselves), the storys parents are telling their children at a certain age

(this may be extreme, but dont you think that the part in the story "Little red riding hood" where the hunter "opens" the wolf is not violent?

I dont know if anybody is seeing it my way, but it has a certain form of violent character attached to it) ect.

Nobody can really know whats happening in the mind of our and someone elses children or how they take and percipiate such scenery of violence, blood, even the normal life, video games, cartoons and else.

Fact is, that all this and many other factors are certainly playing a huge role and raising the overall potential that a child will sooner or later become violent itself.

And video games are also an almost "daily" raising factor in this situation.

The tendency that a child will become violent and problematic at a certain age depends on the environment where it lives.

Potentially, every child could turn violent, the problem lies somewhere deeper inside and though it seems hard to root it completely out.

Another thing is that humantity itself is a violent barbaric race (wich we have whitnessed many times throughout history, and still further counting as one).

Do video games make children violent? Yes and no!

Like i mentioned before, the environment is a huge factor here, not to mention the genes (we can hardly change that part of ourselves), the storys parents are telling their children at a certain age

(this may be extreme, but dont you think that the part in the story "Little red riding hood" where the hunter "opens" the wolf is not violent?

I dont know if anybody is seeing it my way, but it has a certain form of violent character attached to it) ect.

Nobody can really know whats happening in the mind of our and someone elses children or how they take and percipiate such scenery of violence, blood, even the normal life, video games, cartoons and else.

Fact is, that all this and many other factors are certainly playing a huge role and raising the overall potential that a child will sooner or later become violent itself.

And video games are also an almost "daily" raising factor in this situation.

11 yr old boy growing up watching CN today and a mother that has a bad past preferrably 14 was raped had a kid at 15 and had her third kid at 24 (which is the 11 yr old boy) and now when she is 35 (dont forget to mention she is now a lesbian after her 2nd husband-- not yet divorced but soon to be because of financial problems including the kids) her 11 yr old son watches her 20 yr old son with depression because of what his mom puts her through so the 11 yr old vents on tv and becomes sneeky and observant and rebellious toward everything (especially the way others vent and the things they bring up about the past because the mother can stop using that as a referrence to get back at her 20 yr old son so the 20 yr old son uses it to get back at her because he has no other referrences to get back at her that would affect her because shes a correctional officer working at a womens prison -- most of the time its overtime at a low income)... ugghhh thats how i see my 11 yr old brother...

Edited by risinxereon

My two cents.

No it doesn't.

I've played Violent videogames since I was 7 years old when I got my hands on A copy of Mortal Kombat II.

exactly i think there good for you. there certainly good for me.

My two cents.

No it doesn't.

video games help me vent but im restricted because of my mother... and my mom still has liability of me..

My two cents.

No it doesn't.

video games help me vent but im restricted because of my mother... and my mom still has liability of me..

so are you saying cartoons are to blame or video games

My two cents.

No it doesn't.

so are you saying cartoons are to blame or video games

im saying the cartoons are to blame but games calm me down...

shows = influence on kids

shows also (through the kids interests) = influence on games (choices of them mainly)

EDIT: For those not interested in reading: I said it depends on the kid.

I think maturity is to blame here, namely the lack of it. I know PLENTY of teens who play violent video games more than is probably healthy (different issue entirely), but none of them are violent. Now, I know three teens in particular who come to mind. They are extremely immature, and play those same violent games. They are also more violent individuals.

The problem isn't with the game, it's with the individuals ability to separate that game from the real world. That's where they failed. Be it lack of maturity or an actual medical issue, the ability to tell the two apart is the issue. I blow off steam shooting guns, both in video games and in real life. In the video game, I shoot nondescript bits of computer-generated graphics with fake bullets. In real life, I either hunt deer and make jerky or I shoot fake, paper targets placed in front of massive dirt berms.

See the different? Some don't.

Edited by RZ1029

Hmmmm...understandable.

Well, playing video games all my life, most of them violent, I haven't become a manifestation of those games myself, infact, quite the opposite. I think I see now it's just a factor of control and maybe just luck. IDK

But to an extent, it has to at least have some negative effect.